New Job Senior Budget & Operations Analyst In Ontario
|SENIOR BUDGET & OPERATIONS ANALYST|
SENIOR BUDGET & OPERATIONS ANALYST
Company : City of Toronto
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Ontario
Job ID: 40849
Job Category: Finance, Accounting & Purchasing
Division & Section: Fleet Services, Fleet Svcs Business Management
Work Location: 843 Eastern Avenue
Job Type & Duration: Full-time, Permanent Vacancy
Salary: $93,500.00 - $119,274
Shift Information: Monday to Friday, 35 hours per week
Number of Positions Open: 1
Posting Period: 08-Sep-2023 to 22-Sep-2023
To enable the coordination, development and analysis of Fleet Services Operation and Capital Budgets. To provide professional guidance to the Fleet services Division management team regarding sound financial planning, budgetary policy and procedures.
The primary functions associated with this position include, but are not limited to: 
- Implements detailed plans and recommends policy/procedures regarding specific program requirements.
- Conducts research into an assigned area, ensuring that such research takes into account developments within the field, policy and practice, and legislative and other levels of government.
- Coordinates and assists the division in liaising with the Council's Strategic Priorities, Council direction and multi-year business plans to the budget process. Advises divisional management in the development, consolidation and reporting of business planning objectives for service and political decision-making; links to corporate strategic objectives and corporate resource requirements.
- Coordinates annual budget preparation processes for the Fleet Services Division.
- Provides assistance to operational staff with problems during the development of estimates.
- Prepares high level budget information and analysis for management's review.
- Creates a corporate submission package.
- Assists in the preparation of executive summary, briefing notes and other documents.
- Performs analysis of expenditure and revenue patterns, and schedules approved budgets. Uploads the budget into SAP and then converts it into a table.
- Prepares monthly variance reports and quarterly corporate variance reporting in consultation with operations and financial staff.
- On a monthly basis, the company forecasts year-end expenses and revenues in consultation with operations staff.
- The project expenses are controlled and maintained within approved budget limitations. '
- Responds to client inquiries regarding capital spending, reserve fund status and costing and billing information for vehicles and equipment maintenance and fuel.
- The maintenance team ensures that the Fleet Model is up-to-date.
- Assists the manager in developing, maintaining and delivering key performance indicators for senior management to review.
- Participates in projects as a financial or strategic resource, either in a leadership capacity or in a team capacity, ensuring effective teamwork and communication, high standards of work quality and organizational performance.
- Reviews financial and internal controls in the division for improvements in practices and procedures, and reports on findings and recommendations.
- Conducts research and analysis, provides guidance on budgetary and financial issues that may be highly confidential in nature. Researches and analyzes financial issues related to labour relations and staffing issues affecting operations and resources.
- Reviews and assesses the financial impact of policy recommendations/decisions by the Board, respecting program operations.
- Identifies, performs and coordinates analysis and research. Provides strategic advice on immediate, mid-term and long-term financial issues that impact policy formulation, business planning - including financial planning for committees of the Council.
- As required, he provides direction, training, and a coordination role to other financial staff in the division.
- Participates in and/or leads special projects related to individual departments, or complex financial issues.
- Education in financial management or a discipline pertinent to the job function combined with relevant management training and experience. '
- Professional accounting designation or combination of education and work experience.
- The public sector industry experience is an asset in coordinating and managing an operations budget, financial analysis and forecasting.
- Experience of using advanced functions in Excel to analyse large volume and complex financial data and prepare reports.
- Demonstrated ability to build effective working relationships with employees, senior management, and other government entities. Other city divisions or government officials.
- Effective written and oral communication, presentation and interpersonal skills are needed to deal effectively with all organizational levels.
- Problem solving, interpersonal skills and conflict resolution are excellent.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks while meeting deadlines.
- Using spreadsheet, word processing and presentation packages, the demonstrators demonstrated computerized office systems skills.
- Familiarity with government legislation in the area of Occupational Health and Safety.'
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
The city is an equal opportunity employer, committed to creating a workplace culture of inclusion that reflects the diverse residents we serve. Learn more about City's commitment to employment equity?
The City of Toronto is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive organization. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require Code-protected accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs. Disability-related accommodation during the application process is available upon request. Learn more about the City’s Hiring Policies and Accommodation Process.