New Job Rural And Suburban Mail Carrier, On-Call Relief In Nova Scotia
|Rural and Suburban Mail Carrier, On-call Relief|
Rural and Suburban Mail Carrier, On-call Relief
Company : Canada Post - Postes Canada
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Nova Scotia
Job Requisition Id: 167234
Business Function: Rural and Suburban Mail Carriers
Primary City: Truro
Province: Nova Scotia
Employment Type: On Call Relief
Employment Status: Temporary
Language Requirement: English Essential
Area of Competition: Applicants residing within 75 km from the Post Office in which this job is located are preferred
Number of Vacancies 1
Job Closing Date (MM/DD/YYYY): 09/20/2023
All qualified candidates will be considered however preference will be given to Indigenous people (First Nations, Metis or Inuit) or persons with a disability. This is a special measure employment equity initiative and candidates from this group who wish to qualify for preferential consideration must self-identify.
Imagine that you could make the open road your office. As an on-call relief Rural and Suburban Mail Carrier with Canada Post, you can. We’re recruiting for dependable, organized individuals to deliver mail on an on-call basis to various communities.
If you enjoy working with the public and independently, as well as operating a motor vehicle in all kinds of weather and traffic conditions, then you’re ready to embark on a rewarding career and call the open road your office.
As an on-call relief employee with Canada Post, you’ll be working with an organization focused on growth and innovation, and recognized as one of Canada’s top employers and best corporate citizens. Along with receiving a competitive salary, you will have the opportunity to grow with us and discover your career potential, as you may be eligible to apply for any upcoming permanent Rural and Suburban Mail Carrier positions.
- What is the best way to deal with customers in a friendly manner? (No bias)
Be adept at sorting, collecting and delivering mail items, in a safe and timely manner
Acquire and maintain knowledge of local infrastructure including roads, customers and delivery receptacles
Ensure mail is safely secured in their possession
Job Responsibilities (continued)
- Process various CPC products and services (Change of Address Notification, Damaged Mail, Billed Items (IDB) & others): Request
- Canada Post will wear identification while delivering packages and ensure visibility while receiving mail from customers.''
- Lift and carry items up to 50 lb (22.7 kg). ):
- Experience of making deliveries and operating a motor vehicle in all kinds of weather conditions.
Mandatory Vehicle Requirements
- A minimum carrier capacity of 50 cu. ft (1.15 liters) is required.
- Automatic Transmission
- Power windows;
- A metal roof top with an additional power outlet to accommodate a Canada Post sign, flashing lights.
- The middle of the passenger window is between 39 and 45 inches from the ground and has a maximum interior width of 56 inches.
- Fourth door/hatchback to allow for oversized and bulky items to be loaded, (Preferred) )
- Provide and maintain the required automobile liability insurance for use of your vehicle.
- Notify your insurance company as to the use of your vehicles while employed at Canada Post.
- What is a satisfactory safe driving record?
- Can I get a valid Pennsylvania driver's license? If not, why?
Click here to know how to measure your vehicle's cargo capacity
Safety Sensitive Positions
This position may be considered a Safety Sensitive position.
Note: In order to be considered you will need to:
- Pass a pre-employment test and interview. What are the requirements?
- Your resume
- A current driver's abstract dated within the last 30 days.
- A character reference letter from someone who has known you for the past 2 years.
Canada Post will represent Canada’s diversity and provide a safe and welcoming workplace that embraces and celebrates our differences. We are committed to employment equity and encourage applications from women, Indigenous People, persons with disabilities and visible minorities.
Disability is defined as a persistent or episodic physical, sensory, or mental health condition and/or functional limitation. Disability includes both visible and hidden conditions and/or limitations that may impact vision, hearing, mobility, flexibility, dexterity, pain, learning, developmental, mental/psychological, and memory.
Conflict of Interest
The Conflict of Interest Policy prohibits employees from hiring, supervising or reporting to, directly or indirectly via the reporting hierarchy, their immediate family or close personal relations. Should you feel that you may be in an actual or potential Conflict of Interest in regard to this job opportunity, you must communicate with the designated Human Resources representative.
The Canada Post is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment from the very beginning with the hiring process. If you are contacted by the Canada Post regarding a job opportunity, please advise if any restrictions need to be accommodated. All information received in relation to accommodation will be kept confidential.''
Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the requirements as Canada Post cannot make assumptions about your education and experience. We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
As an essential part of who we are as a company, how we operate and what we see as our future. We believe that attracting, developing and retaining people who reflect the diversity of Canada is essential to our success because this matters to all communities and customers we serve.
The Canada Post's corporate values reflect the principles, beliefs and aspirations that guide our behaviour and shape our culture.
Safety – We are committed to a safe and healthy environment for all our stakeholders.
Customer – We serve Canadians with pride and passion.
Respect – We treat each other with fairness and respect.
Integrity – We act responsibly and with integrity.
Transformation – We will innovate and transform to win in the marketplace.