New Job Project Management Engineer In Saskatchewan
|Project Management Engineer|
Project Management Engineer
Company : Government of Saskatchewan
Salary : $6,408–$8,330 a month
Location : Saskatchewan
The Ministry of Energy and Resources is seeking a highly motivated, confident, and results-oriented Project Management Engineer to join the Resource Management Branch in Regina.
Reporting to the Manager, you will perform regulatory and petroleum engineering functions with respect to the development of the province’s oil and gas resources. As part of a team, you will evaluate reservoirs for the determination of remaining oil and gas reserves in the province and conduct engineering evaluations of proposals submitted by the petroleum industry. You will participate in developing new or modifying existing regulations and processes.
The duties/responsibilities of this position include:
- Conduct engineering and technical evaluations including applications submitted by the industry proficiently in accordance with current policy and regulatory requirements.
- Provide engineering research, data and analysis to determine gaps, inconsistencies, and strategies for improvement.
- Lead working groups and change management committees to manage and support IRIS changes.
- Develop project management policy and processes and lead projects from requirements definition to implementation plan.
- Coordinate resources, ensuring projects remain within scope, schedule, and defined project hours while monitoring and assigning resources appropriately to streamline project efficiency.
- Hire and manage engineering students as direct reports.
- Monitor and provide visual tracking of strategic development within the branch.
- Being a change management leader.
To qualify for this position, you will have a Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering, preferably in the petroleum discipline, and be registered (or provide proof of eligibility for registration) in the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Saskatchewan. You will have sound knowledge of and direct experience in petroleum engineering and legislation governing the oil and gas industry.