New Job Postal Clerk - On-Call 1 In Quebec
|Postal Clerk - On-call 1|
Postal Clerk - On-call 1
Company : Canada Post - Postes Canada
Salary : $22.68 an hour
Location : Quebec
Job Requisition Id: 172606
Business Function: Delivery Operations
Primary City: Montréal
Other Location(s):St-Hubert, Laval, Montreal West & South Shore
Employment Type: On Call
Employment Status: Temporary
Language Requirement: Bilingual Imperative (-BB)
Number of Vacancies []
Job Closing Date (MM/DD/YYYY): 12/31/2023
All qualified candidates will be considered however preference will be given to Indigenous people (First Nations, Metis or Inuit) or persons with a disability. This is a special measure employment equity initiative and candidates from this group who wish to qualify for preferential consideration must self-identify.
Canada Post offers a unique opportunity to experience the dynamic world of retail and mail operations. If you are an inexperienced individual with flexible work hours, this temporary on-call position is perfect for learning about mail operation and other exciting career paths. Additionally, it is ideal for those interested in joining the company. Requesting information about benefits, employment opportunities, and job positions.
Please note that some offices rotate their staff and a temporary Postal Clerk might be called to work in positions to serve the public at a counter, conduct financial transactions and perform other related duties as required.
The successful candidate will:
- Engage in various sales and service activities to guarantee complete customer satisfaction.
- Run a point of sale computer system.?
- Maintain floor displays
- Manage merchandising and inventory control effectively.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of all aspects of the postal service, including but not limited to collection, distribution, and storage.
- Manage financial transactions, including cash, cheques, debit cards, and credit cards.'
- Obtain, classify, organise, and transfer mail items in bulk.'
Job Responsibilities (continued)
- Manage mail processing equipment, such as jamming and unloading packages, where necessary. As needed. Assistance is given.
- If applicable, the mail can be moved between floors/sections using rolling or motorized equipment.
- Operate a computer to input data, when necessary.
- Check for correctness in the address, packaging, etc. of the mail.
- I stand in one place for a maximum of 3.5 hours.?
- Work out with physical force in handling mail objects up to 22.7 kilograms (50 lbs) and carrying mail items up to 16.5 kilograms (35 pounds), as well as bend, reach, lift or carry. and so on.).
- Experience in retail or customer service?
- Assets include sales experience.?
- The ability to work in a production setting is advantageous.
Please note that mandatory pre-employment assessments and job training may take place in third-party facilities such as clinics and hotels, where specific COVID 19 protocols are in place. Access to these third-party facilities will require compliance with any such protocols.
Safety Sensitive Positions
This position may be considered a Safety Sensitive position.
Canada Post will represent Canada’s diversity and provide a safe and welcoming workplace that embraces and celebrates our differences. We are committed to employment equity and encourage applications from women, Indigenous People, persons with disabilities and visible minorities.
Disability is defined as a persistent or episodic physical, sensory, or mental health condition and/or functional limitation. Disability includes both visible and hidden conditions and/or limitations that may impact vision, hearing, mobility, flexibility, dexterity, pain, learning, developmental, mental/psychological, and memory.
Conflict of Interest
The Conflict of Interest Policy prohibits employees from hiring, supervising or reporting to, directly or indirectly via the reporting hierarchy, their immediate family or close personal relations. Should you feel that you may be in an actual or potential Conflict of Interest in regard to this job opportunity, you must communicate with the designated Human Resources representative.
Canada Post strives to create a welcoming workplace, starting with the recruitment process. If you are being approached by Canada Post for employment, please let them know if there are any restrictions that require consideration. All information received regarding accommodation will be kept confidential. How can I make this happen? Please see Canada P.O. Box No.
Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the requirements as Canada Post cannot make assumptions about your education and experience. We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
We consider diversity to be a crucial aspect of our identity, operations, and future plans. Our success is dependent on the ability to attract, develop, and retain individuals who are representative of Canada's diverse population, which impacts all communities and customers we serve.
The corporate values of Canada Post reflect the ideals, beliefs, and goals that shape our behavior and culture.
Safety – We are committed to a safe and healthy environment for all our stakeholders.
Customer – We serve Canadians with pride and passion.
Respect – We treat each other with fairness and respect.
Integrity – We act responsibly and with integrity.
Transformation – We will innovate and transform to win in the marketplace.