New Job Mental Wellness & Substance Use Counsellor - Community In Yukon
|Mental Wellness & Substance Use Counsellor - Community|
Mental Wellness & Substance Use Counsellor - Community
Company : Yukon Government
Salary : $87,091–$101,013 a year
Location : Yukon
The job posting is for a full-time position working 75 hours per week in Watson Lake, Yukon.
An eligibility list will be established in this competition and can fill similar positions in other communities (excluding Whitehorse). )
The successful candidate is responsible for locating and securing their own housing - this is not provided by the Yukon Government. To find out more about Watson Lake, please visit here
The town of Watson Lake, Yukon, or the 'gateway to the Yukons', is located on the border between British Columbia and Yukon. The lake lies within the traditional territory of the Lillie First Nation, part of the Kachina Tribe. The opportunities to explore the outdoors are numerous. Kachina is the name of the language spoken by the people who have inhabited the region between the rocky coast and the northern part of British Columbia and the Yukon since time imme.
Mental Wellness and Substance Misuse (MWSU) Community Hubs provide a wide range of mental health support services to all communities in the Yukon. Our services include individual counselling, outreach services, and community support while working within a dynamic and compassionate team and collaborating with First Nations and partners.
This position offers an incredible opportunity to serve as a community counselor on the traditional territory of Lillie First Nation, and you will be responsible for intake, assessment, treatment planning, crisis intervention, aftercare services, and consulting. You will work as part of a multidisciplinary team of counsellors, mental health nurses and support workers to ensure that individuals in the community are well-served by programs and supports.'
As part of an interdisciplinary team, MWSU Counsellors collaborate with First Nations governments and partners in the communities they serve to support the holistic needs of clients and provide continuity across the care continuum. Flexibility and creativity are key skills needed to engage in community-based and cultural programming with local First Nations and municipal governments. '
For more information about the position, please contact Kristy Petovello, A/M. at Community Mental Wellness and Substance Misuse Services (CMSS) in New York.[email protected]
For more information about the hiring process, please contact Leah Berman (HR consultant) at .[email protected]
Do not email resumes to the email address above, they may only be accepted through E-Recruitment, foundhereHow do I create a resume? Please provide an email.
Please submit your resume clearly demonstrating how you meet the following qualifications, specifically how your work experiences and related duties align with the essential qualifications shown below using month to year format. Please note that selection for further consideration will be based on the information you provide in your résumé.
- Bachelor's degree in social sciences, social work, psychology, or related field.
- Considerable experience working formally (individual and group counselling, providing psychotherapy, facilitating assessment, etc.) with individuals impacted by mental health, trauma, and drug use in a mental health/social service setting.
- Experience providing case management services, preferably in a mental health/social service setting.
- What is your experience with crisis management and risk assessment with individuals in crisis?
- First Nations experience building partnerships and collaborating with First Nations Government and/or other community partners in a social service setting.
Demonstrated skills, knowledge and suitability.
The candidate must have knowledge and may be assessed on:
- How do I work effectively in a team environment?
- Ability to work collaboratively with community partners and stakeholders, building capacity and delivering responsible community programming. )
- Can provide effective case management with experience in both individual and group counselling.
- Ability to provide effective mental health screening, bio-psycho-social assessment, treatment planning/case formulation while working from a harm reduction/client-centred service delivery model.
- Effective written and oral communication is aided by strong conflict resolution skills.
- Understanding of collaborative health care delivery systems and the continuum of services available to patients at different stages of their lives, and ;)
- Understanding and adherence to a two-pronged harm reduction strategy and a trauma-informed approach to adult client care. '
- Knowledge, and the ability to work within a change model, i.e., ability to adapt interactions in support of engagement and well-being for clients :).
- Can complete and maintain comprehensive clinical records. If so, how?
Conditions of Employment: verification of post-secondary degree(s), Vulnerable Sector RCMP Security clearance, WHMIS 2015 (within one month of hire), TB screening, first aide (within 6 months of starting position) and valid class 5 driver’s licence or equivalent
Job Requirements: Regular travel to surrounding communities to provide support services.
Benefits of Employment:
- You get a bonus and community service.
- Health and dental benefits, pension plan, 4 weeks vacation to start as well as special and paid leaves.
- Professional development opportunities
- Relocation may be considered
- Learn more here
Learn more about us!
We are the public service of the Yukon. Everyday, we come together to serve and develop the diverse opportunities you desire while enjoying a wide sense of community and vibrant artistic, cultural and recreational activities, all set in a picturesque natural environment.''
How can I learn more about the Yukon government being recognized as one of Canada's top 100 employers?Which Canadian companies will hire people over 40? Why?
To learn more about what Yukon has to offer, check out these links:The Yukon Life Travel the Yukon
Check us out: Working in the government.. . Working in the Yukon.