New Job Member And Corporate Event Manager In Manitoba
|Member and Corporate Event Manager|
Member and Corporate Event Manager
Company : Manitoba Club
Salary : $50,000–$65,000 a year
Location : Manitoba
The executive committee is the head of the committee.
This is a full-time, base salary and commission position with generous health care benefits, dental benefits and a defined contribution group RRSP.
Manitoba Club is searching for a full time member and corporate events manager to complement our senior leadership group. If you are a well groomed and charismatic individual with great manners and an outgoing personality, we have the perfect position and team based work environment for you.
Principal responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- All members and employees plan and participate in all events.
- Effective communication with members and customers. )
- Develop positive working relationships with existing customers for repeat business.
- Staff management, expense control, menu selection, food preparation and equipment rental to ensure profitable events.
- Explore new business opportunities to obtain new orders.
- Working consistently with the catering department on the operation and execution of events.
- Develop a marketing plan to promote your catering operations in individuals and companies.
- In an accurate and timely manner, respond to consumer inquiries.
- Prepare comprehensive catering order form according to client's requirements and interests.
- Coordinate and manage catering operations to ensure quality services.
- Review and finalize sales contracts, catering events and pricing agreements with clients.
- On a regular basis, attend meetings with the catering team to discuss new orders and issues.
- Attend trade shows and conventions for business promotions.
- Assist in developing budget and financial plans for the catering department.
- Responsible for $3M+ of private event revenue.
This position will be initially reporting to the General Manager and the Food & Beverage Manager, and eventually to the Director of Events & Member Services. There is a 5 week training period with the current member and the Corporate Events Manager to ensure a successful onboarding process. '
Regular working hours are Monday to Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, and some early or late start times and weekends (if required) may be required pending the daily/weekly event schedule.
Total compensation for this position includes base salary, commission, employee lunch, health/dental benefits (after 6 months) and defined contribution RRSP plan (after 12 months).
Prior experience planning and executing high profile private events is a core requirement for the successful applicant, please reply to this advertisement with an interview. Only successful candidates will be contacted pending completion of the proper notice period with their current employer." Reqired Experience:
We look forward to hearing from some of Winnipeg's most amazing people.
Job types: Permanent, full-time, commission-based, or temporary.
Salary: $50,000.00-$65,000.00 per year
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Discounted or free food
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
- Commission pay
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-09-22
Expected start date: 2023-11-01