New Job Manager - Accounting Services Group In Manitoba
|Manager - Accounting Services Group|
Manager - Accounting Services Group
Company : Deloitte
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Manitoba
Job Type: Permanent
Reference code: 124475
Primary Location: Winnipeg, MB
All Available Locations: Winnipeg, MB
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
- From deep subject matter experts, learn through mentoring and on-the-job coaching.
- The Deloitte CPA Advantage program, a comprehensive support program for the CFA and the CFE.
- Be encouraged to deepen your technical skills, whatever they may be.
- Leadership at Deloitte University: How do I improve my leadership skills?
- Have many careers in one firm.
- With clients, we help solve their most complex problems.
- Enjoy flexible, proactive and practical benefits that promote a culture of well-being and connectedness.
- My Benefits--a flexible benefit to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being.
- In a firm where health matters, experience counts.'
- My Flex and an agile work environment where work is what you do not, where does it work?
- My Flex, where you can work less than usual and still meet your personal goals.
- How can I build a network of colleagues for life?
- Have an impact that matters through pro bono and significant volunteer opportunities.
- Be empowered to lead and have an impact on clients, communities, and the office.
- Be expected to share your ideas and make them a reality.
- Be part of a firm that leads the way and pushes themselves to look like a modern Canada.
- You can grow your network and knowledge by joining one of our many employee resource groups.
Are you an accounting professional looking for a new leadership opportunity? Do you want to work for Canada's largest professional services firm? Look below!
What's your typical day like?
- Manage and review compilation, review sessions (CAPES) and related tax preparation.
- How do I conduct my work and planning?
- Be responsible for the timely completion of work, including meeting the deadline.
- Review financial statements prepared under ASA with complete note disclosure.
- Review T4/T5 and other tax compliance reporting as required.
- What is the best way to identify and solve technical issues?
- Tax planning strategies: Identify potential tax planning approaches.
- Respond to client queries
- How do I conduct training related to my area of expertise?
- The coaching staff conducts performance evaluations.
About the team
Deloitte’s Accounting Services Group offers a small-firm atmosphere with the benefits of being a part of one of Canada’s largest professional services firm. Our clients’ companies vary in sizes and we work with some of the largest private companies in Canada. You will be serving private clients and will have the opportunity to work in a variety of business sectors, including manufacturing, retail, real estate, professional services and others. Engagements are carried out for both individual companies as well as groups of companies.
Let's talk about it, let's.
You are someone with:
- 4 to 7 years relevant experience in financial accounting, including people management experiences. comfortable managing a virtual team?
- CPA designation or equivalent is required or in progress, completed post graduate degree or equivalent.
- Possess excellent understanding of accounting principles (APE) and tax compliance and possess advanced accounting skills.
- A detail oriented individual who is comfortable working within tight deadlines.
- Effective interpersonal skills and people management. )
- A professional manner and excellent teamwork skills.
Our promise to our people: Deloitte is where potential comes to life.
Be yourself, and more.
We are a group of talented people who want to learn, gain experience and develop skills. Wherever you are in your career, we want you to advance.
What is the best way to make an impact? What are some examples?
We want to make you feel like you belong here. Diverse perspectives and life experiences make us better. We provide flexible working options to support you and how you can contribute. Be the change you want?
How can I be the best person I want to be? Why?
Some guides change team culture, some build essential experience. We offer opportunities and experiences that support your continued growth as a leader."
What are some ways to have as many careers as you want?
We are uniquely able to offer you new challenges and roles – and prepare you for them. We bring together people with unique experiences and talents, and we are the place to develop a lasting network of friends, peers, and mentors. Our TVP is about relationships – between leaders and their people, the firm and its people, peers, and within in our communities.
What is the next step in your life?
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively – that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan, Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative.
I am an Indian. I want to pursue a career in law (first Nations, Inuit, and Métis). How do I contact the company and ask for accommodation? Please help me.
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.