New Job Letter Carrier - Delivery Agent On Call - Montréal C&D 2023 1 In Quebec
|Letter Carrier - Delivery Agent On Call - Montréal C&D 2023 1|
Letter Carrier - Delivery Agent On Call - Montréal C&D 2023 1
Company : Canada Post - Postes Canada
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Quebec
Job Requisition Id: 172587
Business Function: Delivery Operations
Primary City: Montréal
Other Location(s):Montreal, Saint-Laurent, Rive-Sud, Ouest-de-l'Île, Laval, Centre-ville
Employment Type: On Call
Employment Status: Temporary
Language Requirement: English or French Essential (Either/OR)
Number of Vacancies []
Hourly rate: 22,68$/hour
On the date (12/31/2023), the job will be terminated, which is a common practice.
It's an exciting opportunity to work for Canada Post!!
We deliver billions of items to Canadians each year – and you can be a big part of making this happen. As a temporary, on-call delivery agent (also known as a letter carrier), you’ll be the face of Canada Post in your community and make sure customers and businesses get the mail and parcels they’re waiting for.
Do you have this kind of connection? As a delivery agent, I believe it would be perfect for you.
- I find pleasure in meeting new people and making them feel comfortable.
- Keep yourself physically active and outdoors all year.'...
- Would like to join an outstanding national company.?
- Would you take pleasure in serving your fellow citizens of Canada?
What will you do?
- The day's deliveries will be organized and prepared in the depot, starting with your daily tasks.
- It is necessary to load and drive a postal vehicle belonging to Canada Post.
Job Responsibilities (continued)
- Afterward, you'll spend the majority of your day outdoors, delivering mail and packages by foot or car to customers along the route.
- Returning to the depot will enable you to unload all of the incoming mail and packages from the day for future delivery.
What must you have?
- Must possess a valid Class 5 or Class G driver's license and maintain an obliterating (driver must provide abstract) record of at least 3 years of safe driving.
- Physical strength required to lift items weighing up to 22.7 kg (50 lb) and transport items that occupy the space for 16.5 kg (35 lbs) continuously throughout the day.
- The capacity to work in any weather conditions.
- The ability to remain present on the job.'
- The aptitude to read, write, and communicate in English and French is necessary. Moreover,
These help, too!
- Experience in customer service
- Experience in working as a delivery driver.
In return, we offer:
- Competitive pay
- Dedicated to classroom and hands-on training for job safety and duties. All things related to work.
- Opportunities for permanent employment
Please note that mandatory pre-employment assessments and job training may take place in third-party facilities such as clinics and hotels, where specific COVID 19 protocols are in place. Access to these third-party facilities will require compliance with any such protocols.
The Canada Post is currently in operation. is an e-commerce powerhouse, delivering billions of items every year. We help small businesses grow. We enrich lives in remote communities. We connect Canadians with each other and to the rest of the world. And we do all this by providing residential and business customers with the best possible delivery experience in the country.
We like to promote from within and can offer you a career rather than a job. While, like all of our delivery agents, you’ll start out on a temporary, on-call basis, you’ll have the opportunity to grow with us and obtain a permanent position … even try out new jobs in different areas of the company.
Safety Sensitive Positions
This position may be considered a Safety Sensitive position.
The Canada Post will be a welcoming and inclusive workplace that acknowledges and celebrates our cultural diversity, while also representing Canada's diversity.
Our commitment to employment equity includes accepting applications from women, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, and visible minority groups.
Conflict of Interest
The Conflict of Interest Policy prohibits employees from hiring, supervising or reporting to, directly or indirectly via the reporting hierarchy, their immediate family or close personal relations. Should you feel that you may be in an actual or potential Conflict of Interest in regard to this job opportunity, you must communicate with the designated Human Resources representative.
Canada Post strives to create a welcoming workplace, starting with the recruitment process. If you are being approached by Canada Post for employment, please let them know if there are any restrictions that require consideration. All information received regarding accommodation will be kept confidential. How can I make this happen? Please see Canada P.O. Box No.
Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the requirements as Canada Post cannot make assumptions about your education and experience. We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
We consider diversity to be a crucial aspect of our identity, operations, and future plans. Our success is dependent on the ability to attract, develop, and retain individuals who are representative of Canada's diverse population, which impacts all communities and customers we serve.
The corporate values of Canada Post reflect the ideals, beliefs, and goals that shape our behavior and culture.
Safety – We are committed to a safe and healthy environment for all our stakeholders.
Customer – We serve Canadians with pride and passion.
Respect – We treat each other with fairness and respect.
Integrity – We act responsibly and with integrity.
Transformation – We will innovate and transform to win in the marketplace.