New Job Investment Specialist Associate - Laval & North In Quebec
|Investment Specialist Associate - Laval & North|
Investment Specialist Associate - Laval & North
Company : Scotiabank
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Quebec
Requisition ID: 148361
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
As a Scotiabank Investment Specialist Associate, you will be able to learn the intricacies of financial planning by working alongside seasoned Investment Specialists. You will have an opportunity to master the skills required to build long-lasting client relationships - with the goal to progress into an Investment Specialist within six months.
In this role, you will learn, practice and apply the skills and knowledge required to confidently transition to an Investment Specialist position. This includes a focus on developing new wealth management business relationships, cross selling and up-selling to existing clients to ensure investment portfolio growth, revenue generation and meeting defined goals.
Is this role right for you? In this role, you will:
Learn how to establish and maintain a sustainable business by following the steps below: 1.
- Creating an effective business development plan and carrying it out.
- Developing strategy for sales to potential and current customers).
- Managing outbound communications and making cold calls to potential customers in order to ensure their focus on future business opportunities.
- Providing clients with the opportunity to either review their current financial plan or create a new one.
- Analyzing complimentary needs across various financial statements, including those of competitors.
- Market research for identifying market patterns.'
- Getting a market profile and positioning within the target market.
- Joining local professional and community events and associations to build your network.
- Finding ways to utilize community information and financial seminars to improve prospects. Assistance.
- Managing a small budget for independent marketing-related activities and building relationships with investment specialists.'
- Identifying additional business development opportunities and providing guidance on developing an investment solution and connecting with appropriate Wealth Management partners. Assistance.
- Creating an environment conducive to open and honest communication by providing personal contact and opportunities for engaging in discussions with team members.
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role? We’d love to work with you if you have:
- How? .Credit or university level courses in business or related fields. How?
- Are you a certified mutual fund expert? If yes, what are some examples?. You have current accreditation and good standing for MFDA licensing requirements (Investments Funds in Canada or Canadian Securities Course).
- Have you been working toward obtaining a financial planning job?. You will be required to complete the education requirements towards a Personal Financial Planning (PFP®) designation and/or a Certified Financial Planner (CFP®) or Institut québécois de planification financière (IQPF for Quebec residents) designation within 6 months.
- Strong oral and written communication abilities.'
- Ability to operate independently as an 'entrepreneur'...
- An awareness of the brokerage/wealth management and online brokerage industries.
- A driving license and the ability to use a vehicle, to meet clients and prospects in the designated area. Additionally, a driver needs to have a driving license to be able to meet customers and prospects in a designated area.
- Target markets determine the value of a second language as an asset.'
What’s in it for you?
- An entrepreneurial mindset that allows you to develop your career path.'
- Access to cutting-edge tools for your development, including marketing guidance, advanced mobile technology, leading CRM solutions, portfolio management, and financial planning software.
- a strong commitment of quality advice and service to building long term relationships with our customers).
- Perfection in providing a positive client experience without the need to visit the branch.
- A collaboration with our branches and access to Scotia Global Asset Management to provide a superior client experience.
- An inclusive, respectful work environment."
“Pursuant to a language needs assessment conducted by Scotiabank, the successful candidate will be required to be able to communicate in English because they will serve and English-speaking clientele.”
Location(s): Canada : Quebec : Montreal || Canada : Quebec : Laval || Canada : Quebec : Montreal-nord
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.