New Job Intermediate Process Engineer In Saskatchewan
|Intermediate Process Engineer|
Intermediate Process Engineer
Company : Jacobs
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Saskatchewan
Our People & Places Solutions business is an expression of our commitment to improving the lives of people all over the world and highlights the significant positive impact we create through our solutions. These solutions can help us improve our communities and society as a whole, by providing facilities that provide life-saving treatments, clean water, transportation connectivity, and technology access.
Jacobs is a company that empowers individuals to deliver outstanding work, leading them to success and growth. Start your career with us today and for years to come.
At Jacobs, we’re partnering across the globe to create the best project outcomes by maximizing the design, digital technology, and support capabilities of our Global Integrated Delivery (GID) teammates. By joining Jacobs, you’ll commit to supporting and engaging with these teams, as we work to build a company like no other.
If you want to join a company where you can have tangible impact and are interested in working with industry leading experts, an opportunity exists to join our dynamic and growing team in Saskatoon, SK, one of Canada’s most culturally diverse cities, as an Intermediate Process Engineer. Here you will support the delivery of projects and programs for our clients and have a hand in transforming tomorrow.
- We are pleased to welcome you to join our team and develop your technical, design, and project management expertise by working alongside experienced individuals on ongoing and future water industry projects.
- The role requires you to establish a strong foundation of local office, cultivate sustainable relationships with clients and partners, coordinate business development initiatives with senior staff, and provide mentoring for junior staff.
- You will utilize the technical subject matter experts to assist in the planning, modeling, and design of drinking water, wastewater, waste disposal, or industrial treatment processes. Moreover, you will gain access to our expertise.
Your experience in hydraulics, water chemistry and quality, and treatment processes and equipment will be used to produce meaningful solutions to local, regional, and national treatment project challenges based on applicable regulations, and established standards and software.
You will participate in the development of water industry related engineering studies, reports, drawings, specifications, contract documents, proposals, and cost estimates with minimal direction; and provide construction administration services and field engineering services during construction as needed.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
Your work will be primarily done from home (unless you prefer an office setting), and you'll likely need to plan your trips to attend client meetings or other events.
- A bachelor's degree in chemical engineering, environmental engineering or mechanical engineering and/or civil engineering related work experience is required to qualify.
- Proficient in (or qualified to be) engineering within the Province of Saskatchewan. Licensed.
- Water industry experience, including public and private sector projects. Over 5 years of progressive treatment plant engineering experience.
- Developed knowledge of process and mechanical design as well as water unit processes and technologies.
- Past work involving design projects and construction engineering experience.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, are required.
- Having knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Personality, attention to detail, and the ability to work independently without much supervision are all important qualities.
- To access project sites that are not reachable by public transportation, a Class 5 (intermediate or full) license (or equivalent) is required.
- Based in Saskatoon, SK
Ideally you’ll also have:
- A Registered Professional Engineer in the Province of Saskatchewan.
- Experience in engineering or project management with municipal clients of over 5 years directly applicable experience.
- Over 5 years of experience in consulting engineering. Learn.
- Provided ability to support project managers and multi-disciplinary teams in multi-project environments.
- Gain proficiency in managing and coordinating diverse areas of expertise during design projects.
- Knowledge of water and/or wastewater modelling software.
Our mission at Jacobs is to challenge traditional methods and reinvent tomorrow by solving the world's most pressing issues for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery, and cutting-edge manufacturing. With a revenue of $1.3 billion and a diversified team of professionals, Jacobs has embraced concrete ideas that transform our world for the better through delivering comprehensive solutions including consulting, technical, science, project delivery, and innovative manufacturing services.