New Job Housing Initiatives Coordinator In Manitoba
|Housing Initiatives Coordinator|
Housing Initiatives Coordinator
Company : West Broadway Community Organization
Salary : $23–$25 an hour
Location : Manitoba
The Housing Initiatives Coordinator oversees the implementation of the policy, goals, and priorities recommended in our southeastern community planning documents and is directed by the strategic priorities outlined by WBC's Board of Directors.
- To coordinate the process and implementation of the West Broadway Housing Plan for 2021-26. in association with local residents and housing stakeholders, and to carry out retrospective evaluations of the implementation of these plans.
- To maintain positive, meaningful relationships with residents, stakeholders and government representatives as part of WBCO's overall organizational objective of strengthening the social fabric, diversity and livability of our community.
- To provide initiatives through which the community can address local housing needs and maintain or strengthen its housing related assets.
- To promote and assist socially sustainable housing rehabilitation projects, which will provide affordable, healthy and universally accessible housing in partnership with local stakeholders and residents.
The Housing Initiatives Coordinator will be responsible for the following activities:
- Public consultation meetings on neighbourhood housing priorities and implement the planning process as required.
- Local housing revitalization activities support. Support local housing development efforts?
- Implement WBC's Housing Development Policy for housing development and facilitate funding endorsements for non-profit and private sector housing providers. '
- Liaise with the various levels of government to ensure that city laws, building codes, and housing standards are met in West Broadway.
- Manage the work of between one and three Housing Program staff with the support of Executive Director.
- Working in conjunction with the Executive Director to make decisions about programming offered through the WBCO Housing Departments.
- Project manage the Property Improvement Program (PIP Grants)
- Working with WBCO staff to provide a safe and secure environment for community members.
- Provide housing referral service for government housing programs, work on mediation/hearing between tenants, landlords and Residential Tenancy Branch.
- Partner with research organizations to publish studies, reports, and editorials on relevant housing issues.
Housing stakeholders and committees
- Provide administrative support to local housing stakeholders.
- Provide support to local housing stakeholders and private developers.
- I play an ongoing role in community development and community economic development efforts on behalf of WBCO, including instigating positive, meaningful relationships with residents, stakeholders and government representatives.
- Provide comprehensive, professional support for community members on all relevant housing related concerns and efforts.
- Support WBC Staff by attending staff meetings, special events (e.g., spring clean-up) and AGM. )
- Representing WBC and its mission at all appropriate events and on select committees and working groups.
- Acting as an ambassador for our organization and articulating to the greatest extent possible, WBC's core principles of community economics are defined by the New England Working Men's Collaborative.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
Required: Bachelor of Arts and/or master in urban planning or community development work, plus equivalent education and experience.
Three to five years of related work experience in community based housing delivery, community planning and research. '
A background in non-profit housing development, community planning and community initiative implementation would be an asset.
Skills are essential to the position in the following areas :
- Relationship building
- Public speaking
- Time management
- Working respectfully and inclusively with diverse populations.
- Project Management
Methods of research: qualitative and quantitative.
- Community development approaches and practices.
- Public consultation methods
- Writing reportages, briefs and articles.
- Environmental sustainability principles
- Library resource and record keeping activities.
$23-$25/hour, commensurate with experience.
35 hours per week (occasional evening and weekend work required)
Comprehensive health and dental benefits package through the Chamber of Commerce.
How do I submit my resume and cover letter by September 21, 2023 at 6 pm?
Kelly Frazer, Executive Director
West Broadway Community Organization
222 Fulton Street, Winnipeg, MB R3C 2A7.
Thank you for applying. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. "
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $23.00-$25.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
Flexible Language Requirement:
- French not required
- Day shift
- Weekends as needed
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-09-21