New Job Housing First Officer Truro In Nova Scotia
|Housing First Officer Truro|
Housing First Officer Truro
Company : Native Council of Nova Scotia
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Nova Scotia
Indigenous Housing First Officer
How can I find the historical county of Nova Scotia, Scotland?
NCNS is an organization that furthers the objective of improving the social, cultural, educational and employment situation of rural, urban, and off-reserve Aboriginal peoples of Nova Scotia. A Native Advocacy Representative Organization representing Rural, Urban, and Off-Reserve Tribal Peoples of NS.
LOCATION SETTING: 166 Truro Heights Road, Truro, NS
The incumbent will then work together with the client to ensure that the supports are put in place to best stabilize and help the client, it is expected. This is done through community partners, programs and services,'' said NCCNs Homelessness Coordinator David H. Smith.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Getting to know the indigenous peoples and their issues is a must. Rural, urban, and rural.
- What is your experience with case management? How did you handle it?
- Community resource awareness;
- Above average writing, organizational and communication skills?
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to relate to individuals whose values and systems may differ from what would be expected.
- A strong desire to help others, along with patience and understanding, will be a highly valuable characteristic.
- How do I get a valid driver's license and access to reliable transportation?
- Should I be able to provide a recent criminal record check and child abuse registry check?
- Computer literate, but not limited to use and application of software used to develop professional presentations?
- Relevant education, training and work experience in a similar role will be considered an asset.
Salary Range: Negotiable
Working hours: Monday to Friday, 8 a.m., 4 p.m.
As per the policy and procedure of the company, holidays, vacations and employee benefits are paid.
Closing date: 1 December 2020.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply, but preference will be given for the selection of qualified Indigenous Peoples. Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted by this company."'