New Job Heavy Duty Mechanic In Prince Edward Island
|Heavy Duty Mechanic|
Heavy Duty Mechanic
Company : Government of Prince Edward Island
Salary : $29.64–$35.36 an hour
Location : Prince Edward Island
Heavy Duty Mechanic opportunity with The Government of Prince Edward Island!
- $29-$35 an hour. $35 per week.
- Unionized Full Time Permanent
- Pension, benefits and modern facilities.
- Tool allowance/protective clothing reimbursements.
- 13 Paid Statutory Holidays
- and much more!
Department: Transportation and Infrastructure
Locations: Prince and Queens County
Position: Full-Time Classified (Commencing Immediately)
Salary Range: $29.64 - $35.36 ( Level 12D)
Bi-Weekly Hours: 80.0 hours bi-weekly
Posting ID: 156411-0323TIPI
The purpose of these positions is to provide high quality repair and maintenance services on heavy trucks, light fleet vehicles, school buses, service vehicles that work efficiently, as well as equipment downtime. '
Some work can be performed at roadside or other field locations, where municipal service vehicles may be used. '
This work requires employees to work a flexible schedule on weekends and/or weekends to meet operational requirements.
Duties will include:
- Testing and inspecting equipment for road safety, diagnosis of malfunctions or failure of equipment.
- disassembling faulty components, inspecting, and repairing;
- evaluating and recommending whether to repair or replace components- performing repairs and reassembling units; etc.
- carrying out preventative maintenance (i.e., lubrication, adjustment etc.) including testing of driving equipment; fluid checks, check of body components, etc.)
- continually improving and gaining knowledge on new repair procedures and technology. )
- Completing accurate and up-to-date maintenance records, work orders or MVIs for all vehicles, including work activities on all fleet equipment in the shop or on the road. (MVI)
- conducting provincial MVIs according to provincial guidelines and checking vehicles and heavy equipment stickers for MVI renewal dates, respectively.
- All vehicles and equipment types are changing tires, rims, and wheels on all types of vehicles.
- Installing electronic equipment for vehicles and material management systems?
- keeping work area tidy and uncluttered. Removing debris and waste from appropriate disposal locations. )
- Before starting work activities and reporting unsafe acts or accidents, check the site for fires and other potential hazards.
- As required by other laws.
- Should have successful completion of Grade 12 or equivalent, possess certification of Qualification (Red Seal) as a Heavy Equipment Technician or truck driver, and Transport Technician.
- They must have considerable training and experience working in a computerized environment (i.e., diagnostic repair).
- Have considerable experience in a heavy equipment mechanical repair environment.
- Demonstrated equivalents will be considered.
- Be physically able to perform the duties of the position, including heavy lifting, climbing up and under equipment.
- How do I work under pressure and without supervision?
- Applicants must hold a valid motorcycle license or the ability to obtain one. '
- Must have a valid class 2A or 3A driver's license and provide a current and satisfactory driver's abstract and medical records.
- Prior to employment, you must have or procure all basic tools, tools, and equipment necessary to operate in this position.
- must have, or be willing to obtain, a tire service certification course, a forklift certification course and a crane certification course.
- They need to respond to service calls within a reasonable time frame, the company said.
- The candidate must possess strong interpersonal and leadership qualities, as well as, written and communication skills.
- prior to beginning employment, the successful applicant must provide a current and satisfactory criminal records check. A current hearing test or be willing to obtain training in WHMIS and First Aid/CPR.
- These positions are designed to allow employees to travel and stay at work during normal business hours.
- Applicants can be assigned to either the day shift or the night shift (3:00 pm -- 5:00 am).
- A valid Automotive Service Technician trade certification would be considered an asset.
- Additional relevant education and experience will be considered an asset.
As per the civil collective agreement, preferential treatment will be given to civil employees.
We welcome all interested individuals, including Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, black, racialized, ethnic and culturally diverse groups, our goal is to build a public sector workforce that reflects the diverse communities we serve and promotes respectful workplaces for all.
Note: Please ensure the application clearly demonstrates how you meet all of your stated qualifications. The successful candidate will be the only individual receiving written notification of competition results, according to employment opportunity board policy.
Writing an electronic resume or job application is preferred. Please return application forms to the PEI Public Service Commission, P.O. Box 2000, Charlottetown, PEI, at CI 7N8. Applications can be sent by fax to (902) 368-4383.
Due to the fact that receptacles for applications by fax cannot be guaranteed, applicants who wish to transmit their application by telephone may wish to confirm it by phone or in person prior to closing.
The appropriate posting I.D. number is stated on all application forms, and you can apply online or obtain an application form by calling the PEI Government Office, ACCESS PEIs Center, or Regional Services Center or by email at [email protected]. Request details are also available.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $29.64-$35.36 per hour
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Wellness program
Flexible Language Requirement:
- French not required
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Charlottetown, PE: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required).
- 1 year of heavy equipment technician experience (required):
- 2A or 3A license (required)
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-09-29