New Job Heavy Duty Mechanic In Manitoba
|Heavy Duty Mechanic|
Heavy Duty Mechanic
Company : Manitoba Government
Salary : $58,101–$68,348 a year
Location : Manitoba
Heavy Duty Mechanic
Department of Consumer Protection and Government Services
Vehicle and Equipment Management Agency
Advertisement Number: 41634
Salary(s): ME2 $58,101.00 - $68,348.00 per year
Closing Date: December 22, 2023
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to women, Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
At the full working level, this position is classified as Heavy Duty Mechanic (ME2) Trades classification. In order to be appointed to the full working level, the incumbent is required to meet the full qualifications for the position. Successful candidates hired on a developmental basis will be trained and developed to meet the requirements to obtain the full working level of the position.
This advertisement will be open until filled.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must be physically capable of performing the duties of the position which may include: occasional lifting up to 50 pounds, bending, twisting, reaching, standing for long periods of time and working outdoors for extended periods of time under various weather conditions.
- Must be willing and able to work extended hours and/or be called out on evenings, weekends and statutory holidays as well as work in other outlying areas in the region.
- Must possess an Interprovincial Journeyperson Heavy Duty Mechanic Licence or Truck Transport or Agricultural red seal certification.
- Experience in the service and maintenance of heavy duty equipment (graders, loaders, tandems, etc.) and components including diesel and gas engines.
- Experience in the repair and overhaul of heavy duty equipment (graders, loaders, tandems, etc.) and components including diesel and gas engines.
- Experience in the diagnosis of mechanical and electrical problems, including the use of diagnostic software.
- Experience in welding repairs and fabrication of mechanical parts.
- Ability to work independently with organizational and time management skills.
- Knowledge of Workplace Safety and Health procedures and practices.
- Good verbal communication skills.
- Experience supervising staff including providing direction and managing quality of work.
- Possess and maintain a valid full stage Class 3 Manitoba Drivers licence with air endorsement or be willing to acquire.
Working with minimal assistance and under limited supervision, the incumbent will report to a Senior Tradesperson, Mechanical Supervisor or Designate. Work assignments will involve mechanical diagnoses, repair and maintenance of all types of highway construction and maintenance equipment.
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions for represented positions may be grieved by internal represented applicants. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor's representative. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.