New Job Government Security Officer In Quebec
|Government Security Officer|
Government Security Officer
Company : SAP
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Quebec
We help the world run better
Our company culture is focused on helping our employees enable innovation by building breakthroughs together. How? We focus every day on building the foundation for tomorrow and creating a workplace that embraces differences, values flexibility, and is aligned to our purpose-driven and future-focused work. We offer a highly collaborative, caring team environment with a strong focus on learning and development, recognition for your individual contributions, and a variety of benefit options for you to choose from.Apply now!
Title: Government Security Officer
Location: Canada – Remote/Hybrid, Vancouver (preferably Vancouver, Montreal, Toronto or Ottawa)
ABOUT THE TEAM
The SAP Government Security unit is part of the SAP CEO Board Area and has a mandate to ensure strict fulfillment of regulatory obligations in the context of various contract security programs world-wide. The SAP Government Security team in Canada focuses on obligations and risks associated with Canadian federal, provincial, municipal, and highly regulated industry customers with special security requirements.
YOUR FUTURE ROLE
The SAP Government Security unit is looking for a Government Security Officer who will contribute to the expansion of capabilities that address the unique requirements of security sensitive organizations across public sector and other regulated industries in Canada. You will be directly responsible for the daily administration of personnel clearances, security related processes and office management duties to ensure strict compliance with applicable government regulations. You will contribute to the development and evolution of the Government Security unit security programs. You will participate in the preparation of various reports and documents, and will support the team with the coordination of various project activities.
Core responsibilities include:
- Support the fulfillment of Contract Security Program administrative requirements, which includes the implementation and administration of personnel security clearances, other screening and background verifications, and government Security Requirements Check Lists (SRCLs).
- Maintain internal reporting and monitor report statuses for management on a regular basis on behalf of the SAP Government Security unit, ensuring record quality and accuracy across all metrics.
- Report on identified risks to compliance and escalate as necessary.
- Manage ad-hoc tasks, monitoring actions and managing reminders for SAP Government Security activity trackers.
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders in government, public sector, and other highly regulated industry.
- Provide administrative support for SAP National Security Officers in Canada and participate in global alignment activities.
- Support the team in ensuring strict fulfillment of customer national security requirements in collaboration with government authorities (e.g. support specific processes aligned to government international agreements).
- Identify opportunities to improve business processes and contribute to the development and evolution of the Government Security unit programs.
- Become an Alternate Company Security Officer (ACSO).
- Maximize your potential, grow your professional network, continuously learn, and build a unique understanding of software delivery models in government and regulated industry.
You are a self-starting, resourceful, resilient, and goal-oriented individual eager to learn and contribute to a broader team. You embody a positive can-do attitude, are team oriented, open minded, always curious and have a passion for solving problems. You like to work on meaningful projects and are energized by working across diverse teams. You have an interest in learning about security and compliance in a global company that is enabling some of the most security conscious organizations in the world.
- Post secondary degree or an equivalent combination of training and/or experience.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Display a high degree of integrity, discretion, confidentiality and professionalism when exposed to sensitive information
- Organized and ability to prioritize assignments appropriately
- Ability to maintain accuracy and attention to detail
- Effective written and oral communication skills, including presenting to groups of people
- Working knowledge and understanding of government security processes is an asset
- Able to both work within a team and as an individual contributor
- Eligible for and ability to maintain a Government of Canada security clearance
- Fluent in English (verbal and written)
- Other languages considered an asset
We build breakthroughs together
SAP innovations help more than 400,000 customers worldwide work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively. Originally known for leadership in enterprise resource planning (ERP) software, SAP has evolved to become a market leader in end-to-end business application software and related services for database, analytics, intelligent technologies, and experience management. As a cloud company with 200 million users and more than 100,000 employees worldwide, we are purpose-driven and future-focused, with a highly collaborative team ethic and commitment to personal development. Whether connecting global industries, people, or platforms, we help ensure every challenge gets the solution it deserves. At SAP, we build breakthroughs, together.
We win with inclusion
SAP’s culture of inclusion, focus on health and well-being, and flexible working models help ensure that everyone – regardless of background – feels included and can run at their best. At SAP, we believe we are made stronger by the unique capabilities and qualities that each person brings to our company, and we invest in our employees to inspire confidence and help everyone realize their full potential. We ultimately believe in unleashing all talent and creating a better and more equitable world.
SAP is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to the values of Equal Employment Opportunity and provide accessibility accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team: [email protected]
For SAP employees: Only permanent roles are eligible for the SAP Employee Referral Program, according to the eligibility rules set in the SAP Referral Policy. Specific conditions may apply for roles in Vocational Training.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, age, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, et al), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or disability.
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Requisition ID: 380317 | Work Area: Administration | Expected Travel: 0 - 20% | Career Status: Graduate | Employment Type: Regular Full Time | Additional Locations: Virtual - Canada #LI-Hybrid.