New Job Front End/Ui Developer In Prince Edward Island
|Front End/UI Developer|
Front End/UI Developer
Company : Amsted Canada Inc
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Prince Edward Island
Amsted Canada is not only a leader in the manufacture of industrial components, we are a company where you are the driver of your own career. At Amsted, we know that our employees are at the heart of our world-class business and we value you and want you to excel with us. We spend time understanding where you want your career to go and help you get there by offering the support and resources that will allow you to grow with us. At Amsted, we also encourage a spirit of Innovation by allowing time and space to experiment, to think differently and to challenge the status quo. If this is the type of environment where you believe you will thrive, we encourage you to join us.
Today, we are meeting the growing needs of a global market with over 80,000 installations across six continents under the Amsted brand since 1962.
Amsted Canada has opened a new business center in downtown Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island. We are elevating our global technology teams, including but not limited to Security, Engineering, Infrastructure, and Emerging Technology. These teams are instrumental in providing support to all Amsted locations worldwide.
- Play a Critical Role in delivering a world-class customer experience for a global audience of B2B users within our web-based transportation management solutions, in collaboration with Business Stakeholders, Data Scientists, UX/UI Designers, C#/.NET Developers, and IoT Engineers.
- Help Set the Standards by working across several highly-dynamic and evolving web-based software applications. You will create new UI applications and review existing code-bases, including front-end libraries.
- Create the Design System. You will understand and advocate for usability, recommend and effectively explain improvements in functionality and UI design elements that empower users and internal stakeholders to achieve their goals.
What we offer you:
- Autonomy to help drive the development of our growing office on Prince Edward Island in a role that will impact our growth and how we work across all of our functions of Amsted Rail and with our sister Amsted divisions
- Highly competitive compensation and benefits package that only begins with a strong base salary commensurate with skills and abilities, but includes annual incentive opportunities and a comprehensive benefits package
- Investment into your personal and professional development to ensure you remain at the top of your field and can reach your goals
- Being a part of team who cares about YOU – the professional and the person
- Working on rewarding projects within an agile, devOps-based environment.
- Collaborate with UX designers, third party contractors and backend developers to improve usability, provide insight, and provide coding services.
- Working directly with internal stakeholders to understand and improve the usability of their internal web-based IoT software applications.
- Ensure high quality graphic standards and consistency, based on an agile and continuously evolving design system that you help create.
- As needed to write functional requirements and guides.
- Help research and implement standard coding methodologies to improve workflows through the selection of evolving technologies and tools that will build expert-level interactive user experiences.
- And to continuously improve the client-side architecture for web applications.
- You must write well designed, testable and efficient code. And use your in-depth knowledge of front end testing tools and best practices to optimize site performance? (see details)
- Identify project risks, raise concerns and provide alternative solutions to handle risk by working with management, UX/IT team members.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent certifications in fields that align with the requirements of the position from accredited academic sources.
- 2+ years of relevant experience.
- Understanding and appreciation of layout aesthetics, possessing a deep understanding of design layout and behavior to translate advanced design concepts into pixel-perfect, semantic markup and responsive web pages.
- In-depth knowledge of front-end testing tools and best practices to optimize site performance and speed.
- Familiarity with web browser testing and debugging.
- Understanding of WCAG principles, section 508?
- Comfort with continuous integration (CI) tools and command line.
- Experience with package management (like npm), automated tooling and building systems like node.js, version control etc.?
- The position is about 80% hands on and 20 percent architecture/design, leadership, etc.
- You’re passionate about technology
- You have a unique combination of skills that enable you to create software that is elegant and powerful.
- You are self-directed and capable of identifying next steps without explicit direction.
- You have a fearless and positive attitude towards life.
- You love solving problems and learning. Why?
- You thrive working within a team of professionals. Why?
- You believe anything is possible through coding. Why?
- How do I approach a problem with a positive attitude?
- You are a systems thinker. What is your review?
Compensation & Benefits
- Excellent base salary and target annual bonus structure.
- Health benefits include medical, dental, life and disability insurance, salary continuation and a health spending account.
- Company pension program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Fitness reimbursement credit
- Hybrid Workplace
This position is being filled in our Charlottetown office and is Not available for remote work. Request details. at this time.
As a private company and 100% employee-owned, Amtrak offers employees the stability of an established industry, along with a chance to learn and grow. We have a common goal to make sure our employees are happy on the job and away from it. "
Equal opportunity employers include minorities, women, and veterans. What are some examples?