New Job Financial Services Representative (Bcgeu) In British Columbia
|Financial Services Representative (BCGEU)|
Financial Services Representative (BCGEU)
Company : Vancity
Salary : Details not provided
Location : British Columbia
Vancouver is the largest private sector employer in Canada and has been consistently recognized as one of the top employers in Canada. Come join our team of 2,600 diverse individuals and access competitive rewards and perks, all while knowing you are part of a greater movement.
As a Financial Services Representative you will build relationships by learning more about our members while assisting them with their banking transactions. Demonstrating excellent communication and interpersonal skills you will be the trusted advisor for members who value the branch experience.
This is a Part -time, Permanent role located at Branch #27, New England Community Branch (Br. and reports directly to the Assistant Branch Manager.
**A typical day would involve:
- Performing member transactions in accordance with established standards so that a high level of quality service is achieved.
- Identifying and assessing potential customers needs to provide appropriate products, services, and referrals. '
- Applying service standards, policy, procedures and controls to meet compliance requirements and minimise risk.
- To fully utilize the technical systems available to us, we need to ensure that the service experience for our members is efficient and seamless.
**You Have :
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- Working experience interacting with people and businesses in a professional capacity with excellent customer service skills.
- Problem solving skills
- A problem solver – You have an analytical mind and can multi-task to come up with solutions
- Tech-savvy – People often say you’re a quick learner and great with technology & systems
- A great communicator – You find it easy to get to know others and have great conversations
- Ready for a challenge – You have a positive attitude and are able to work in a fast-paced changing environment
We value experience, so if you are interested in this role we encourage you to apply even though your skills don't perfectly align with those listed.
The posting deadline is September 20, 2017. Please apply by 4 p.m., Eastern time, on Friday (September 29).
- We are the largest private sector living wage employer in Canada and have been consistently recognized as one of the top employers in Canada.
- Our permanent employees qualify for attractive benefit packages that can be customized and changed each year to meet their evolving needs.
- As the number of vacation days increases, new employees can expect to have between three and four weeks of vacation per year. Permanent employees can purchase up to six additional days of leave through our flexible benefits package. '
- In addition to the 10 statutory holidays in British Columbia, Vancouver provides an additional three statutory holidays for short-term personal illness or family illness, plus opportunities to take unpaid leave for a variety of reasons.
At Vancity, we're committed to being an inclusive, non-discriminatory organization with a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities we serve. We value experience, so if you are interested in this role, even if your skills don't perfectly align with those], said Mr. Hinton.
Vancouver is an inclusive and equitable employer. It actively promotes racial equity, inclusion and belonging across the organization and offers unambiguous accommodations in all stages of the hiring process. If you request an accommodation, please advise us; we will work with you to meet your needs."
As part of this commitment, we are taking action to learn more about our applicants and ask that you complete a short, anonymous diversity survey. Your responses will be collected anonymously but never linked to your job application. Please click this hyperlink to complete the Diversity Survey.
All shortlisted candidates for this role must complete a background check, which includes a credit check and a criminal record check.