New Job Financial Aid Officer In Ontario
|Financial Aid Officer|
Financial Aid Officer
Company : Northern Ontario School of Medicine
Salary : $70,348 a year
Location : Ontario
The Financial Aid Officer is responsible for ensuring that all students at the University of North Carolina receive the information and financial counselling they require in regards to loan applications, debt management, awards and scholarships. This position is also responsible for managing federal and provincial government financial assistance, student bursaries and conferences. "
This position is covered by the Terms and Conditions of OPSEU Unit 677 Collective Agreement (Unit 2). A copy is available on the University of North Carolina website.
The tasks are not limited to the following : )
- Collaborates with the Director, LMSA, and Advancement Manager to ensure that all learners in the four-year MD program are met by the tasks, responsibilities, and responsibilities listed below in areas of financial assistance. )
- Collaborates with the Learner Support Services Coordinator, Student Accounts, Awards Committee, Finance and Advancement as required to develop and administer the logistics of awards, bursaries and scholarships for learners and determine the criteria and guidelines required.
- Administers government student aid programs (e.g., SAT) including receiving and evaluating student applications, distributing loans, responding to student questions and administering the appeals process.
- He acts as a contact for the Ministry of Training, Colleges and University (MTCU), which is responsible for administering student financial aid. The ministry will provide information about new costs for the University's financial aid program.
- Produces reports as required for internal and external distribution. )
- Provides quality support to learners regarding financial options, including one-on-one consultations, and understands and applies relevant regulations and policy concerning the protection of private information. '
- Evaluate the eligibility of individuals for financial assistance and, as per approved policy, consider the possible deferment of student fees.
- Monitors financial aid and bursaries email accounts and answers/redirects emails.
- The Financial Aid website maintains a list of current and past awards.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A university degree from a recognized Canadian college or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- A minimum of three years of related experience is required.
- Microsoft Office proficiency, as well as Internet access and email is required. ) Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Experience using data warehouse systems and reporting software is required.
- Experience in the management system is an asset. "
- Experience in interpreting, explaining and applying policy is required. "
- Leadership, problem solving, interpersonal skills and teamwork are required.
- Experience in federal and provincial government financial aid systems is required.
- Working in an academic or medical environment is an asset.
- Working with the Occupational Health and Safety Act, regulations of information and privacy laws is an asset. '
- Ability to communicate effectively and express oneself clearly, verbally, and in writing in a variety of media.
- Experience in the management of a company's communication systems is considered an asset.
- Ability to adapt and respond to changing policy.
- Ability to travel to other countries and meet UME students face-to-face.
- Ability to work independently and in a consultative and cooperative fashion with internal and external partners.
- Under pressure, work hard and manage your time effectively. "
- Working within established organizational practices, procedures and policies.
- How do I speak English like celebrities?
- French/Indigenous language skills would be considered assets. '
Interested candidates are submit a resume along with verification of academic accomplishments quoting the competition number # 2023-1768 - Am no later than 15 September 2017 at 5:00 PM. to:
Attention: Human Resources
935 Ramsey Lake Road, Sudbury, Ontario P3E 2C6
Email: [email protected]
Fax: (705) 671-3880
NOSM University offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities throughout its recruitment processes. If you require accommodation during the recruitment process, or require an accessible version of this posting, please contact Human Resources via email at [email protected].[email protected].
NOSM University welcomes applications from all qualified individuals, committed to equal employment opportunities and diversity in the workplace. NOSM welcomes women, visible minorities, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities and anyone of any sexual orientation or gender identity.''
NOSM University needs to gather information about applicants' status as Permanent residents of Canada or Canadian citizens. Applications need not identify their country of origin or current citizenship, but must include one of the following statements:
I'm a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada, what is the process?
I am not a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada, but I am legally eligible to work in Canada.
I am not a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada, or otherwise legally eligible to work in Canada.
While all responses are appreciated and handled with the strictest confidence, only those considered for interviews will be acknowledged.