New Job Equipment Operator In Saskatchewan
Company : Government of Saskatchewan
Salary : $24.11–$30.21 an hour
Location : Saskatchewan
The Ministry of Highways is seeking a highly motivated equipment operator for the Hudson Bay section within the Operation and Maintenance Division. You will be part of a team responsible for operation and general maintenance of the provincial transportation network consisting of roads, highways and airports.
The ministry is committed to providing an integrated transportation system that supports economic growth and prosperity for all Saskatchewan citizens, with safety being one of our core values.
To qualify for this position, you must possess a valid Class 1A license.. If you are invited to attend an interview for this position, you will be required to provide a current driver abstract.
In this position you will be:
- We work together as a team to create a safe and healthy work environment.
- Ensure the safety of public transportation by securing entry points and avoiding general maintenance activities.
- Operate, service and maintain heavy equipment like tandem trucks (with specialized attachments), front-end loaders and motor graders to perform summer and winter maintenance.
- During a winter storm, operate advanced hydraulic control systems for the plow, sander and wheel while maintaining control of a tandem snowplow.
- Daily records, including hours of operation, pre-trip inspections and materials used.
- Be willing and able to work under physically challenging conditions, such as physical labour, heavy lifting and stressful situations.
- Be approachable and flexible, self-motivated to complete tasks, and adaptable to changing work situations. Work well in an inclusive and diverse environment.
- Possess basic computer skills to manage email, enter and submit timecard/expense claims.
- Work flexible hours.
To be successful in this job, you need to have:
- A high level of situational awareness.
- The ability to make critical decisions in all weather conditions that affect the traveling public.
- The ability to work in extreme and changing weather conditions.
- The ability to contribute positively to the team. )
The benefits of this position include:
- The opportunity to work with new technologies and equipment.
- Consistent year-round employment.
- Throughout the winter, she worked as a cashier.
- Home most nights.
- The average work time is 7-1/3 hours per week, with an average day off every three weeks.
- The employer pays for health and dental benefits.
- Opportunity for leadership development.
Our core values include showing respect and integrity, serving our citizens, and demonstrating excellence and innovation. We demonstrate these values in our daily behaviour as a team.