New Job Director, Collections, Recoveries & Customer Service (Anjou,Qc) In Ontario
|Director, Collections, Recoveries & Customer Service (Anjou,QC)|
Director, Collections, Recoveries & Customer Service (Anjou,QC)
Company : Scotiabank
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Ontario
Requisition ID: 183888
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Leads and oversees the Collections department of Scotia Dealer Advantage in Canada ensuring business strategies, plans and initiatives are executed / delivered in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
- Leads and drives a customer focused culture throughout their team to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
Reinforces the Scotiabank corporate strategy and provides direction on the Automotive Finance and Indirect Lending strategy, business plans, and business objectives for direct reports and extended team members by: collaborating with SDA leadership ensuring actions are in place to meet/exceed national business unit objectives; proactively identifying internal or external conditions that may impact business results and recommending changes in business priority, tactics, policies, etc. to Vice President SDA and ensuring any agreed upon changes in strategy are implemented and communicated to all team members in a timely manner to achieve business objectives; proactively identifying internal or external conditions that may impact business results.
- Strategically manages the collections function to ensure sound and timely due diligence in delinquent account and repossession activities while conforming to Bank policies and procedures by: assuming responsibility for awareness of all macro-economic conditions before they negatively affect collection activities and profitability and to make any recommended adjustments to strategies, tactics, or risk policies; recommending and leading appropriate changes to policies and procedures that will assist in maximizing the recovery of delinquent accounts and improving operational efficiency in the Business Unit while aligning with continually changing industry standards.
Influences and controls the business objectives of the assigned department(s) ensuring constant communication and operational effectiveness by: providing effective coordination of and direction to all direct reports and extended team members in meeting operational requirements and the use of sound judgment; obtaining continuous feedback from department Managers on barriers to productivity, risk or operational efficiency, and service levels.
Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
Creates an environment in which his/her team pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct.
- Builds a high performance environment and implements a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment; communicating vison/values/business strategy and managing succession and development planning for the team
Education / Experience / Other Information
- Completion of a post-secondary education (college or university) preferred.
- Strong organizational and time management skills; the ability to prioritize, allocate and monitor workload; using sound judgment to address problems and discrepancies.
- 5+ years of previous experience in Customer Service/Collections and 3–5 years in management.
- Thorough knowledge of daily and periodic department routines, procedures, policies and workflows, including but not limited to: AML/KYC, provincial legislations as it pertains to repossession/legal and Privacy regulations.
- Previous leadership experience and extensive knowledge of processes related to the collections of delinquent accounts and asset recovery.
- Direct experience in prime or non-prime financing required.
- Knowledge of MS Office and reporting systems.
Work in a hybrid office-based & work from home environment; non-standard hours are a common occurrence. Moderate travel nationally.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Hamilton
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.