New Job Director, Baggage Services In Ontario
|Director, Baggage Services|
Director, Baggage Services
Company : Greater Toronto Airports Authority
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Ontario
The Toronto Airports Authority (TAA) is a unique and dynamic place to work, with a bold plan to make Toronto Pearson, Canada's leading global hub for air transportation. With our partners, about 18,000 ATA employees are working to create a next-generation airport by innovating in all we do and transforming for the most uplifting, safe and efficient experience for our passengers -- all while championing the prosperity of our people, the community we call home, and its aviation partners.
What do you want in life? Why?
As a GTAA employee you'll have access to amazing benefits, including retirement planning, comprehensive group health benefits and an employee assistance program (EAP), paid leave, education and training as well as payment and rewards programs.
The Director, Baggage Services is responsible for the strategic leadership of the Baggage services team, which is responsible for delivering effective baggage services and maintaining a high state of crisis preparedness and operating discipline in an environment that is expected to grow significantly over the coming years. The incumbent leads a 125+member operations and administrative team that is responsible for providing highly-efficient service.
- Develop and direct the short term & long term business strategy for Baggage Services.
- Ensure that infrastructure and processes are planned and delivered with an appropriate operating discipline and crisis preparedness, and be able to accommodate the projected growth in passengers and bags.
- Responsible for delivering baggage services to our airline (and ground handler) customers, while also holding them accountable for their performance in the make-up and delivery of outbound baggage and on-time inbound luggage delivery.
- Ensure innovation and best practice is applied to Baggage Services, and end-user requirements are reflected in plans to provide additional infrastructure and maintain existing infrastructure.
- Effective leadership, including the use of contracted services, and day-to-day service delivery of baggage services through the management of airlines, ground handlers and internal teams.
- Provide development and oversight of baggage programs, including stakeholder relationships with government agencies.
- Develop Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and target corporate goals in respect to baggage performance.
- Maintain a professional network of international airline baggage handlers.
- Manage Baggage Services, Operation and Maintenance (O&M) and Capital Budgets.
- Optimize baggage service in a cost effective manner.
- Model the GATA leadership behaviours to support and further the business vision through building a diverse, multi-skilled team. '
- The coach, the mentor, and the individuals develop to rise to their full potential while providing timely, constructive, and consistent feedback and opportunities for personal development. '
- Responsible for being a customer centric leader with respect to the mission, vision, values and beliefs.
- A post-graduate degree or diploma in Aviation Management, or a combination of education and experience.
- Ten (10) years of leadership experience in airports/transportation/manufacturing, within a unionized environment.
- Experience in the airline industry with stakeholder management and experience in large scale operations.
- How do I obtain and retain Transportation Security Clearance at the designated level for the position?
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Track record of accomplishment in leading large (unified) work groups and leading transformational change.
- Ability to work with complex data sets to measure performance, analyze performance gaps and inform options for improvement. Communicate the cause of change?
- Ability to build and sustain internal and external relationships with a track record of overcoming adversity, resolving complex operational or organizational problems through collaboration, good stakeholder management and effective influencing.
- A sense of urgency and passion for improving the service with a commitment to continuous improvement.
- Ability to visualize critical interdependencies.
- Able to communicate well, both orally and in writing, by building strategic clarity and compelling arguments.
- Experienced with Microsoft Office products such as Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
The ATA is a federally-regulated private company. The Government of Canada has suspended the mandatory vaccination requirement for federally regulated transportation workers and may re-introduce the vaccine and proof of vaccination requirements at any time, said Peter Kent.
The GATA is committed to delivering equal opportunities and a diverse, equitable workplace where everyone can thrive.