New Job Counter Person / Delivery In Newfoundland And Labrador
|Counter Person / Delivery|
Counter Person / Delivery
Company : Brownes Auto Supplies LTD.
Salary : From $15 an hour
Location : Newfoundland and Labrador
Summary of Role
The Counter sales/delivery driver: provides excellent customer service in selling a diversified line of products via phone, fax, email and over-the-counter.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- All employees greet customers (in person or over the phone) with a positive, friendly attitude.
- Sell and support a diversified line of products via phone, fax, and email. Delivering a high level of customer service and product promotions and upselling opportunities whenever possible by promoting private brand and eCommerce channels. **
- Handle all customer transactions, including sales, returns, and defectives, in a timely manner.
- Ensure customers' parts orders are filled and delivered in a timely, reliable manner.
- At the end of each shift, they retrieve their transaction history and store it.
- The store point of sale system (PartsWatch), an internet and paper catalogue to search for parts and customers, and to invoice and pull orders.
- Assist with merchandising activities, maintaining standards of appearance. coordinate and co-ordinate the execution of plan-of-actions, overall product presentation, inventory management, and signage and various product initiatives to enhance the customer experience and maximize inventory turns.
- Follow all policy and standard operating procedures related to cash, check, and return policy.
- Working with management team to react to customer service issues, customer complains and/or business opportunities.
- Proactively contribute to improvements in branch sales and profitability.
- Adhere to inventory control programs, in-stock standards and operating procedures.
- Effectively communicate with all store and support center team members, management and customers.
- Other store support related duties, including but not limited to support the warehouse functions and delivery/pickup of product as required.
- Keep the mantra of " Never say die ".
Education, Experience and Technical skills
- Completion of high school or post secondary education, and equivalent work experience.
- Experience in the aftermarket (Jobber) parts industry (min 1 year) is considered an asset but not necessary.
- Experience with automobile repair is an asset.
- MS Office products: Experience with MS Office products?
- Valid class 5 driver's license.
Soft Skills and Competencies
- A team player with the ability to work independently.
- delivering a high level of service and sales results.
- Demonstrated focus on "wow" the client with outstanding service.
- Time management and organizational skills, with a proven ability to adhere to tight deadlines.
- A self-starter, he is oriented to achieve goals beyond what is required.
- Superior interpersonal, communication and problem solving skills to build relationships. '
- Effective verbal, written and listening skills.
- Can work regular hours including weekends. What are some tips?
- Extensive standing, walking and reaching.
- Need full range of motion for bending and stooping. "
- The repetitive movement of the hands, arms and legs.
- Lifting heavy equipment up to 50 pounds.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
What is the salary of an average worker at $15 per hour? What are some examples?
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Store discount
- Vision care
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
Work Location: In person