New Job Contract Management Specialist (Computer Services Officer 3) In Nova Scotia
|Contract Management Specialist (Computer Services Officer 3)|
Contract Management Specialist (Computer Services Officer 3)
Company : Province of Nova Scotia
Salary : $5,281–$6,431 a month
Location : Nova Scotia
Department: Service Nova Scotia
Type of Employment: Permanent
Union Status: NSGEU - NSPG
Closing Date: 27-Sep-23 (Applications are accepted until 11:59 PM Atlantic Time)
CSDS (Digital Solutions) is a team within the government, and we are putting people first for a reason. We are called a "digital service" because the way that people expect things to work these days."
Our team is large, diverse, and passionate about making a difference in people's lives. We believe in user-centered, iterative digital service design, along with highly skilled, compassionate people working on the Internet of Things.
At CSDS we don't just accept difference, we celebrate a supportive and inclusive culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging!
The people who use government programs and services come from all walks of life. We are committed to helping diverse talent thrive. It is important that CSDS reflects the people we serve, so we can be more accessible and more inclusive of public services.
The Contract Management Team is a diverse team of highly skilled subject matter experts who thrive on providing quality services and supports that enable other government departments to deliver the programs and services we serve, following best practices in contract management and procurement. We partner with our clients to find solutions for their success.
About Our Opportunity
As a contract management specialist (CS03), you report to the Client Service Manager, Contract Management. In this role, you are responsible for leading and assisting customers with procuring government services and products. '
This leadership role includes advice, consulting, services in procurement-related matters, financial management and modeling, cost stabilization, service design, value realization and contract management.
In this role, you will lead projects and support the Associates within our team and contract management architects. As the Contract Management Specialist, you will work closely with management and vendors to support all contract and vendor management activities, which may include:
- What are the processes and activities of contract management?
- Vendor management processes and activities?
- Assessment of legal language and contracts?
- Administering and supporting the department's information systems, including the Internet.
- Advising clients on contract management methods, practices and policy?
- Assisting clients with support and training in using current processes and tools, and helping them develop new, improved processes and tools.
- Analyze and interpret data, verbally or through written report writing to support decisions. Support those who make decisions based on the facts provided; )
- Project Management;
- Service Design and Program Administration, United States.
- Financial Modeling and Management;
- Tender Management;
- Contract Lifecycle management.
Qualifications and Experience
As the ideal candidate, you will have a bachelor's degree plus five (5) related experiences working with procurement procedures, policy and guidelines or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
In addition, they will also possess the following qualities :
- Experience with working with procurement procedures, policy and guidelines, specifically related to information and communications.
- Technology goods and services
- Strong collaborative and facilitation skills. )
- Superior communication skills, interpersonal abilities, and the ability to write effectively (spelling, grammar, punctuation, etc.)
- Experience in developing and sustaining effective working relationships with stakeholders and employees.
- Effective time management skills, particularly in relation to managing multiple priorities.
- Attention to details, effective interpretation and application of policy and process.
- Experience in analyzing and interpreting large amounts of data and the ability to provide verbal or written documentation on results and recommendations.
- How can I work effectively within a team environment and also independently?
The following training and work experience will be considered an asset:
- ITIL Certification;
- Diploma in Public Sector Procurement (PSPP).
We will assess the above qualifications and competencies using one or more of the following tools: written examination, standardized tests; oral presentation; interview(s), interviews and reference checks.
An equivalent combination of training, education and experience will be considered. Applicants relying on education and experience equivalents must prove such equivalents in their application. '
Based on the employment status and the union agreement, Nova Scotia offers its employees a wide range of benefits such as health care, dental insurance, pension, general illness (short and long term), vacation and employee assistance programs.
What We Offer
- Career Development, where you have access to career guidance, tools, resources, and ongoing training for every stage of your career.
- Engaging workplace. Our employees feel valued, respected, and connected. We have forward-thinking policy and strategy.
- Countless Career Paths.
- Specific department specific flexible working schedule.
Pay Grade: PR 14
Salary Range: $2,640.65 - $3,215.50 Bi-Weekly
Employment Equity Statement:
Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that represents, at all job levels, the citizens we serve. The Government of Nova Scotia has an Employee Empowerment Policy and we welcome applications from Indigenous Peoples, LGBTQI+ persons and other Racially and politically visible people, with disabilities or positions where they are under-represented.
This is a bargaining unit position originally restricted to current civil service employees represented by the Nova Scotia Government Employees Union (NSGEU). If applying from outside a government office, employees must apply systematically and correctly via this link:
Failure to apply correctly means that your application will not be considered as a first-time application, and only if external applications are pursued. '
External applicants and current casual employees will be considered only if there are no qualified civil service bargaining unit candidates. Please note: Candidates won't get interviews if applications are incomplete or miss information.
Offer of employment is conditional upon the completion of all applicable background checks and confirmation of credentials, the results of which must be satisfactory to the employer. We thank all applicants for the interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All questions and concerns may be directed to [email protected].