New Job Companion Animal Veterinarian In Newfoundland And Labrador
|companion animal veterinarian|
companion animal veterinarian
Company : Animal Health Centre
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Newfoundland and Labrador
- Work Term: Permanent
- Work Language: English
- Working hours: 40 hours a week, 7 days a week.
- Educational Qualifications: Degree: Medical, Dental, Veterinary, or Optometry: Degree in optometry. What are the most common subjects to study for a degree: medicine, dentistry, veterinary medicine, veterinary surgery, or veterinary medicine? What is the most common way to study for an exam? What are the more common fields of study for grads?
- Experience: Experience an asset
- Private practice
- Veterinary clinic
- Identify diseases or abnormal conditions in individual animals, herds and flocks through physical examinations or laboratory tests or to diagnose such diseases in individual animals or herds or flocks through examinations or abnormal conditions.
- Manage the health of animals by administering medication, setting bones, dressing wounds or performing surgery on animals that are sick or injured.
- Vaccinate animals to prevent and treat disease by vaccination.
- Provide guidance on animal feeding, housing, behaviour, breeding, hygiene, and animal care to clients. Advise them on general care and supervision.
- Conduct regular, emergency and post-mortem examinations. Perform rota, chest and lung exams.
- Provide a range of veterinary services including obstetrics, dentistry, and euthanasia. Moreover, all major branches of the veterinary profession.
- Ensure that animal health technologists and animal care workers are adequately trained and equipped to handle the work of animals.
- Canadian Veterinary Medical Certification, Canadian Veterinary Certification, is a result of the Canadian Veterinary medical Certification process.
- Licensure by provincial or territorial authority to obtain a license is required by provincial or local authority to issue a license.
- Professional liability insurance is available to those who meet the criteria. Moreover, insurance companies are willing to pay more for protection.
- Immunization records
- Criminal record check
- Handling heavy loads
- Manual dexterity
- Attention to detail
- Hand-eye co-ordination
- Fast-paced environment
- Standing for extended periods
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Sitting, standing, and walking simultaneously. Observe and perform these actions.
- Ability to differentiate between colours due to colour recognition.
- Repetitive tasks
- Work under pressure
- Physically demanding
- Up to 23 kg (50 lbs) in mass. For example.
- Excellent oral communication
- Excellent written communication
- Team player
- Values and ethics
- Are you available for shift or on-call service? Do you have availability?
- Are you allowed to work in Canada at present?
- If offered this position, would you be open to the idea of relocating?
- Are you presently located in the vicinity of the advertised location?
- Are the certifications listed above inclusive of your required ones? Please confirm.
- Dental plan
- Health care plan
- Paramedical services coverage
- Vision care benefits
- Life insurance
- Learning/training paid by employer