New Job Communications Systems Specialist In Ontario
|Communications Systems Specialist|
Communications Systems Specialist
Company : York Regional Police
Salary : $99,625–$104,961 a year
Location : Ontario
Date: Sep 14, 2023
Location: CA, L4G 0S7
Company: York Regional Police
REFERENCE: #23-01E (REPOST)
POSITION TITLE: Communications Systems Specialist
DEPARTMENT: Technical Support Unit, Infrastructure Services
SALARY: $99,625 - $104,961
STATUS: One (1) permanent position, 40 hours per week
LOCATION: York Regional Police Headquarters
OPENING DATE: September 13, 2023
CLOSING DATE: September 26, 2023
The duties for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Maintaining, enhancing, troubleshooting, and repairing YRP's wireless voice and data communications networks.
- Installing, testing and troubleshooting related equipment: PC workstations; thermal printers; cameras; antennas; vehicles, interfaces and monitoring the troubleshoot of electrical systems.
- Providing technical support and maintenance of communications control equipment/infrastructure, voice & data communication equipment, RF equipment; instruments; and peripherals.
- The YRP provides technical support to end user and associated stakeholders.
- Servicing and performing daily monitoring and preventative maintenance on the network.
- Maintaining current systems documentation.
- Collecting and analyzing data and providing ad-hoc or regular reports as needed. '
- Maintaining an inventory of all related assets of YRP Communications, including network components.
- As required, attending training courses, seminars and conferences. Facilitating the sharing of knowledge with other members.
- Working within a multi-departmental team environment with effective communication.
- Completed a degree in electronics, telecommunications, radio communications technology or computer science. ) * 3
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in a related field.
- Valid Class G driver's license.
- Experience in land mobile radio (LMR), particularly APCO P25, advanced network technology, and in-building coverage systems (DAS or BDA).
- Strong knowledge and experience in troubleshooting, managing, and repairing modern computer and network technologies.
- Experience in managing, configuring and troubleshooting computer network infrastructure and devices which includes routers/switches, wifi/LAN/WAN/cloud networking, IPV4/IPV6 and VPNs.
- Network knowledge in modern wide-area network (WAN) transport technologies such as microwave, optical, cellular networks (3G/4G/ 5G) and wifi.
- Working experience with server architecture, linux OS. virtual machine (VM) environments, network storage devices, and cloud-hosted concepts.
- Past experience in a police environment is an asset.
- With a customer service context, excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- How can I complete multiple tasks simultaneously?
- Physically capable of repeatedly sitting-in and getting out of vehicles on a day-to-day basis.
- Able to manipulate large, sometimes awkward boxes weighing up to 50 pounds.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Below, please click the 'apply now' button.
- Only those selected to move forward in the recruitment process will be contacted.
- All correspondence will be sent by e-mail to your address.
- Please contact [email protected] if you have any questions regarding this recruitment process.
York Regional Police is committed to our core values. All York Regional Police employment policies and procedures are intended to be non-discriminatory and barrier free in accordance with the principles and spirit of the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Concealed disabilities Act, said a statement from the police spokesman. Please contact Weinstein's office.'
VISION-INSPIRED MISSION-FOCUSED VALUES-DRIVEN