New Job Clerk-Steno 9 In Saskatchewan
Company : City of Saskatoon
Salary : $28.35–$31.25 an hour
Location : Saskatchewan
Division: Community Services
Department: Building Standards
Permanent full time positions available for 1 year term.
Closing Date: 09/14/2023
Labour Group: CUPE 59
Under the supervision of the Customer Services Supervisor, this position provides customer service, administrative and clerical support for the permit and licensing function of the Building Standards Division.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Receives payments and issues receipts for property information, building information abstracts, plumbing permits, business licenses, Building Permits and other revenues.
- Receives, processes and issues plumbing permits and property information (PID) from both internal and external customers.
- Receives and records building inspections, maintenance inspections.
- Processes the legal aspects of business license applications and administers all renewals, second notices and final notices for all home based and commercial business licenses. )
- Balances cash flow and makes appropriate daily deposits.
- Screens, responds to and leads telephone inquiries. '
- Assists plumbing and building inspectors with administrative tasks, preparing documentation required for inspection and enforcement processes.
- Counts, edits and indexes construction plans/drawings and other documents including business license applications. Maintains the proper filing system for these plans according to company policy.
- As needed, maintains an inventory of stationery supplies and as necessary orders.
- As necessary, help with training new employees.
- As required, the Building Standards Division also performs administrative and clerical functions.
- Performs other related duties as assigned. )
- Grade 12 education.
- Graduation from business college.
- A typing speed of 55.5 mph is required.
- Three years' diversified and progressively responsible office experience.'
- Considerable knowledge of arithmetic and English.
- considerable knowledge about modern office practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of the terminology used in building design and construction.
- Demonstrated ability to process cash transactions according to acceptable handling practices.
- He demonstrated an ability to deal with customers in a fast-paced, high-volume environment.
- How do I maintain effective working relationships?
- How do I prioritize my duties and responsibilities?
- Can make decisions in accordance with established policy and procedures.
- Skill in the operation of a computer with word-processing, spreadsheet and database software.
Weekly Hours: 36.67
Salary Range: $28.35 to $31.25 CAD per hour or per year? Why? (2022 rates)
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The City of Saskatoon offers an inclusive workplace that embraces diverse backgrounds. As an equity partner with the Saskatchewan Human Rights Commission (SHRC), the city commits to diversity, equity and inclusion in our workplaces. To learn more about diversity at work?
The City of Saskatoon strives to provide an accessible and inclusive workplace for all, including through reasonable access and accommodation. Should you require accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please contact [email protected].