New Job Class 3 Truck Driver In Nova Scotia
|Class 3 Truck Driver|
Class 3 Truck Driver
Company : Kent Building Supplies - District 3
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Nova Scotia
Are you looking to grow your career and knowledge in a fast paced, friendly environment? Are you up for the challenge of elevating customer experience through providing the best solution as a trusted partner with our customers.?
We are currently hiring a full-time Truck driver with a class 3 license and air brake endorsement for our Kent store located at – 5447 Prospect Rd, New Minas, NS B4N 3L1
As a truck driver you will be part of the team that provides delivery services for our customers displaying the highest standards of safety and excellent customer service. You are responsible to monitor and maintain the vehicles, as well as keeping daily check lists and keeping drivers records. This job can be physically challenging.
6:00 am - 7:00 pm ( depending on demand of deliveries ) Delivery time.
What will you do:
- Delivering materials to private homes and construction sites safely, these include wood, wood panels, and other building materials.
- Working in the lumber yard, warehouse, or store helps you to become more knowledgeable about the products and services offered. "
- Load and unload product
- Prepare trucks for loading and assist warehouse staff as required.
- Ensure proper vehicle maintenance and safety. )
- Keep in contact with the dispatch team and work to resolve any issues.
- Verify the load and security accuracy. )
- The report contains deficiencies, violations, accidents, and injuries.
- Maintain a professional behavior
- Follow all safety regulations, company policy and procedures.
- Other duties assigned by the manager as assigned.
What you will bring:
- How do I lift up to 75 lbs? What are some tips?
- What is the best way to get experience as a delivery driver?
- Valid class 3 or 1 license.
- Abstract: Drivers are required to provide a driver's license upon hire.
- Ability to work in all weather conditions, and in a fast paced, dynamic workplace.
- Can work shifts be changed? (varying start time)
- Manual transmission would be considered an asset.
- Self-Motivated, punctual, and reliable
- Must have Safety mindset
- High attention to detail
- Grade 12 or equivalent in English or Spanish.
- able to do physical work.
What we offer:
- After probation period (3 months), full time benefits including health, drug and dental coverage; disability insurance; and RRSP.
- A safe work environment
- All Local Travel
- Monday to Friday with occasional Saturday (40 hrs.+) work.
- Great mentors and on-the-job training.
- Wellness program
- Scholarship and Bursaries
- The Employee and Family Assistance Plan.
- Employee discount
- Health and Dental Benefits
- RRSP contribution
- Continuous learning and career advancement are important.
Our mission is to be the best source of home improvement products through superior service, quality products, and everyday great prices. We protect our customers and employees by hiring and training associates committed to safety values." -- Kent Construction Company, Ltd.
We employ over 3700 people and work hard to increase our market share through strategic investment in training and technology, including truss manufacturing and a wholesale drywall company. We are also members of the Independent Lumber Dealers Co-op, which ensures our great product selection and competitive prices.
Building Supplies is an inclusive and diverse work environment. We are committed to the principle of equal opportunity in all its employee practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees, applicants and customers.
If you have disabilities that require special accommodations, please email [email protected].
Job Type: Full-time
- 12 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Ability to commute/relocate:
- New Minas, NS B4N 3L1: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Class 3 Licence (preferred)
- Day Shift (preferred)
- Night Shift (preferred)
Work Location: In person