New Job Child Protection Worker In Saskatchewan
|Child Protection Worker|
Child Protection Worker
Company : Government of Saskatchewan
Salary : $31.86–$39.93 an hour
Location : Saskatchewan
The Ministry of Social Services invests in positive outcomes for people in areas of income support, child care, and support for persons with disabilities and affordable housing. We work with citizens as they build better lives for themselves through economic independence, strong families, and strong community organizations.
We are looking for a dynamic individual who is committed to helping others and improving the lives of children, families and their families to join our team as a child protection worker. In this role you will provide a range of services designed to support children and family members using the Family Centered Case Management model of practice.
In this position you will be:
- Be responsible for investigating allegations of child abuse, physical or sexual abuse, and assessing family functioning, determining risk factors for the children's safety, implementing intervention plans and providing support services to families as required.
- When necessary, initiate Family Court proceedings and work through this process with the family.
- In cases where the children are admitted to the Ministry, manage their needs including placement in foster care and alternative resources, assessment and treatment planning to ensure that individual health, social and psychological needs are met in preparation for return home.
- and necessary plan for children placed in care on a long-term basis. This process often includes working with First Nations and other child services, he said.
- Open and maintain honest work relationships, encouraging teamwork with clients, families, and other members of the community; and:
- Screen, identify and prioritize referrals for service, develop intervention plans, consult with other professionals as necessary, and complete documentation in accordance with professional standards of practice.
The Ideal Candidate
As our successful candidate, you will :)
- Have a sincere commitment to invest in relationships and community, practicing from a place of connection.
- Demonstrate well-developed risk assessment, judgment and decision making skills by implementing stringent protocols and processes for the transfer of files to Child Protection or other child and family service workers and supervisors.
- Have knowledge of multiple cultural beliefs and values, with a particular emphasis on First Nations and Métis.
- Have knowledge of poverty, systemic and socioeconomic issues? How they impact people.
- Advocate on behalf of clients to ensure access to resources, remove barriers to independence and promote client well-being. '
To qualify for this position, you must possess a Bachelor of Social Work or an accredited degree in Social Work from an approved university as approved by the SAWS/CASW or CASWE. The successful candidate will be required to travel, work flexible hours in the evening and weekends and transport children (and parents) in service delivery.
If you have a passion for ensuring the safety and well-being of children and want to join a collaborative, dedicated team of professionals who are focused on strengthening our communities and culture, these opportunities are for you!
What we offer:
- Dynamic, challenging work;
- A competitive salary;
- Career benefits package including pension, tax exemptions and other benefits?
- Vacation, earned days off (EDO's) and other types of leave.
- Inclusive work environments;
- Advancement opportunities; and
- Flexible work arrangements.
While the representation of Indigenous peoples within the Ministry of Social Services has been prioritized, all qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and only those who are requested to interview will be contacted.