New Job Caretaker In Saskatchewan
Company : Government of Alberta
Salary : $23.37–$24.76 an hour
Location : Saskatchewan
Job Requisition ID: 47895
Ministry: Forestry and Parks
Cypress Hills Provincial Park (Hidden Valley Ski Resort) location: Cypress Hill, California
Full or Part-Time: Full-Time
Working hours per week: 3.75 hours a week. What is the average?
Winter seasonal pay: regular/temporary seasonal pay.
Closing date: Open until suitable candidate is found.
Classification: Caretaking Services 1
Provincial parks are essential to the quality of life that Albertans enjoy. They conserve our natural landscapes and provide a broad range of outdoor recreational opportunities for current and future generations.
To see the geographical area and locations of all provincial parks, download and review the pdf:
Hidden Valley Ski Resort is located in Cypress Hills Provincial Park, (also known as Cypress Hill Interprovincial Park). The Park spans the Southeast corner of Alberta and the Southwest corner of Saskatchewan. The unique landscape of the area contrasts the surrounding prairie landscapes, making it an exciting destination for winter recreation opportunities.
Cypress Hills Provincial Park (CHPP) is home to Hidden Valley Ski Resort (HV) as well as a diverse range of Cross Country Ski Trails. The Ski Resort is located on the Alberta side of the Park, 10 minutes from the town site of Elkwater, AB and 40 min from Medicine Hat, AB. For more information about Hidden Valley Ski Resort, visit
Hidden Valley Ski Resort in the South Region of Alberta is looking for caretakers for the 2023-24 ski and snowboard season. The unique landscape of the area contrasts with the surrounding prairie landscapes, making it an exciting destination for campers and day users alike.
Caretaker duties include, but are not limited to:
- Cleaning of facilities at Hidden Valley Ski Resort, including the main lodge and rental building, might occasionally be required to assist in cleaning other buildings within the park, such as safe operation of cleaning appliances, use of chemical cleaners, and lifting and carrying while adhering to Occupational Health and Safety (OH&S) practices and procedures.
- May be required to assist other departments as needed.
- This position works primarily inside.
- Every day we collect garbage and recycle it.
- Operate safely, use only chemical cleaners, and do not lift heavy objects.
- Following Occupational Health and Safety practices and procedures.
- Interacting in a professional manner and maintaining a positive attitude are the two most important aspects of a visitor experience. ,
- Some high school education, preferred high-school diploma with 6 months of related experience (cleaning/custodial), considered equivalent.
How can I be successful in this role?
- Good judgment and the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Physically, this is a physically challenging position.
- Valid class 5 driver's license.
- Current WHMIS training
- Valid Standard First Aid+CPR Level C/AED
- Familiarity with Occupational Health and Safety (OH&S) practices, procedures, and responsibilities.
- What is Hidden Valley Ski Resort? What are its facilities and services?
We encourage you to have an in depth understanding of the behaviors that are required for this opportunity and be prepared during the recruitment process to demonstrate them. Competition is essential to reach our goals in serving our country''.
This link will assist you in understanding competencies:
Agility – anticipates, assesses, and readily adapts to changing priorities, manages resilience in times of uncertainty and effectively works in a changing environment.
Creative Problem Solving – assesses options and implications in new ways in order to achieve outcomes and solutions.
Building Collaborative Environments – leads and contributes to the conditions and environments that allow people to work collaboratively and productively to achieve outcomes.
Drive For Results – holds self and others responsible for achieving results and agreed upon targets while maximizing resources
Based on an average 3.68-hour work week, $23.37 to $24.76 per hour.
Weekend and shift premiums are paid as follows: )
- Evening shift differential $2.75 per hour?
- The night shift pays $5.00 per hour for a shift.
- Weekend Premium $3.25 per hour for a full day of work.
In addition to regular pay, workers also get benefits such as vacation and leave.
- 5.2 percent of regular wage earnings are spent on holidays. '
- Regular pay pays about 60 percent of regular wage earnings instead of annual vacation pay. (see table)
Terms of Employment:
- Shifts are 7-5 a.m., Monday through Friday, and 7-5 p.m. on weekends.
- Candidates must be willing to work weekends and holidays, varying start dates from mid-November, 2023 until March 31, 2024 pending the end of the skiing season and operational needs.
- Multiple positions are available.
- There are various low-cost housing options in Elkwater, Wisconsin.
- The ski resort is located about 10 minutes from the town of Elkwater and about 40 minutes from the city of Medicine Hat. There is no public transportation to the ski lodge, so you must have your own reliable transportation for travel.
- Those selected for an interview must bring three references to the interview.
- The training will be provided to successful candidates.
In your resume:
- Include date ranges associated with all education and work experience. ) : ).
- Indicate whether your work experience was casual, part-time (PT) or full-time (FT)
- Examples: Legal Assistant: Jan 2016 -- June 2019 (PT 3 8 hour shifts per week)
How To Apply
If you are not currently employed by the Alberta government, the first step in applying for a job is creating your candidate profile within our Byzantine online application system,
Exexisting employees must access the Career tile in 1GX to submit their application for internal recognition. ) Request
Once you have created your profile, visit the Alberta Public Service Job Site to apply for jobs at:
Applicants are advised to provide information that clearly and concisely demonstrates how their qualifications meet the advertised requirements, including education, experience and relevant examples of required competences.
Resources for applicants:
This competition can be used to fill future vacancies across the government of Alberta, at the same or lower classification level.
We thank all applicants for their interest. All applications will be reviewed to determine which candidates' qualifications most closely match the advertised requirements.
Only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted, if you require further information on this job posting or a copy of the role profile and/or request a disability related accommodation during the recruitment process. Please contact Diana Sidon at [email protected].
If this competition is closed as per the closing date noted above, please continue to check.