New Job Cafe Supervisor In Saskatchewan
Company : Government of Alberta
Salary : $24.26–$29.75 an hour
Location : Saskatchewan
Job Requisition ID: 47889
Ministry: Forestry and Parks
Cypress Hills Provincial Park (Hidden Valley Ski Resort) location: Cypress Hill, California
Full or Part-Time: Full-Time
Working 40 hours per week: what is the average work time?
Winter seasonal pay: regular/temporary seasonal pay.
Closing date: Open until suitable candidate is found.
Classification: Administrative Support 4
Provincial parks are essential to the quality of life that Albertans enjoy. They conserve our natural landscapes and provide a broad range of outdoor recreational opportunities for current and future generations.
Hidden Valley Ski Resort is located in Cypress Hills Provincial Park, (also known as Cypress Hill Interprovincial Park). The Park spans the Southeast corner of Alberta and the Southwest corner of Saskatchewan. The unique landscape of the area contrasts the surrounding prairie landscapes, making it an exciting destination for winter recreation opportunities.
Cypress Hills Provincial Park (CHPP) is home to Hidden Valley Ski Resort (HV) as well as a diverse range of Cross Country Ski Trails. The Ski Resort is located on the Alberta side of the Park, 10 minutes from the town site of Elkwater, AB and 40 min from Medicine Hat, AB. For more information about Hidden Valley Ski Resort, visit
We are looking for a cafeteria supervisor to work and oversee food and beverage operations at the Mountainside Café and the Snowflake Lounge located in the Onyx Days Lodge.
Cafeteria supervisor duties are not limited, but include:
- The training of staff in daily cleaning and operation procedures within the cafe environment, including preparation, sale and serving of food.
- As required, keeping track of inventory and orders. )
- Assisting with the management of menu items and development.
- Operation room POS system and trouble-shooting issue.
- Daily supervision of seasonal staff, including performance review and scheduling.
- sanitizing kitchen and lounge areas, as well as utensils and equipment.
- As needed, help with preparation, sale and serving of food.
- Participating in and following OSHA policy and procedures. )
- Ensure excellent customer service and positive guest experiences.
- May be required to assist other departments as needed.
- High School Diploma
- 2 years of experience in the food service industry or visitor services.
- Should I be 18 or older? Why?
- Good physical stamina, ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- How do I solve problems in a fast-paced environment?
- What is a good point of sales experience?
- Food Safety certification
- Supervisory experience
- Hidden Valley Ski Resort: Knowledge of Hidden Valley ski resort facilities?
We encourage you to have an in depth understanding of the behaviors that are required for this opportunity and be prepared during the recruitment process to demonstrate them. Competition is essential to reach our goals in serving our country''.
This link will assist you in understanding competencies:
Agility —to understand the need to incorporate change into work and be open to new ideas while accepting change as part of how work processed need to evolve in order to be effective.
Creative Problem Solving —to assess options and implications in new ways in order to achieve outcomes and solutions.
Building Collaborative Environments —to lead and contribute to the conditions and environment that allow people to work collaboratively and productively to achieve outcomes.
Based on 40 hours per week, $24.26 to $29.75 per hour would be the average salary for a person in an average job.
- Weekend shifts are differentially paid at $3.25 per hour. '
In addition to regular pay, workers also get benefits such as vacation and leave.
- 5.2 percent of regular wage earnings are spent on holidays. '
- Regular pay pays about 60 percent of regular wage earnings instead of annual vacation pay. (see table)
Terms of Employment:
- The shifts work 8 hours a day and 40 hours a week.
- Candidates must be willing to work weekends and holidays, varying start dates from November 1, 2023 until March 31, 2024 pending the end of the skiing season and operational needs.
- There are various low-cost housing options in the area. ''
- The ski resort is located about 10 minutes from the town of Elkwater and about 40 minutes from the city of Medicine Hat. There is no public transportation to the ski lodge, so you must have your own reliable transportation for travel.
- Those selected for an interview must bring three references to the interview.
- The training will be provided to successful candidates.
In your resume:
- Include date ranges associated with all education and work experience. ) : ).
- Indicate whether your work experience was casual, part-time (PT) or full-time (FT)
- Examples: Legal Assistant: Jan 2016 -- June 2019 (PT 3 8 hour shifts per week)
How To Apply
If you are not currently employed by the Alberta government, the first step in applying for a job is creating your candidate profile within our Byzantine online application system,
Exexisting employees must access the Career tile in 1GX to submit their application for internal recognition. ) Request
Once you have created your profile, visit the Alberta Public Service Job Site to apply for jobs at:
Applicants are advised to provide information that clearly and concisely demonstrates how their qualifications meet the advertised requirements, including education, experience and relevant examples of required competences.
Resources for applicants:
This competition can be used to fill future vacancies across the government of Alberta, at the same or lower classification level.
All applications will be reviewed to determine which candidates' qualifications most closely match the advertised requirements. Only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted. Thank you!
If you require any further information on this job posting or a copy of the job profile, and/or if you require a disability related accommodation during the process, please contact Diana Sidon at [email protected].
If this competition is closed as per the closing date noted above, please continue to check.