New Job Business Analyst Work Experience Student (Department Strategy) In Alberta
|Business Analyst Work Experience Student (Department Strategy)|
Business Analyst Work Experience Student (Department Strategy)
Company : City of Edmonton
Salary : $22.80–$26.60 an hour
Location : Alberta
1 temporary full-time position for 8 months intended specifically for students currently enrolled in a co-op or equivalent post-secondary work experience degree program, commencing in January 2024
At the heart of Edmonton is a community of city builders, problem solvers and doers who are looking to attract and inspire one million more. And working together, we're building a thriving, sustainable and welcoming home for Edmontonians of today and tomorrow.
The Office of the City Manager's Department of Strategy team plans, promotes and advocates changes that move the city toward the goals envisioned by the residents we serve. The work is centered on supporting two departments (Financial & Corporate Services and the Office of the city manager) and ten branches across the province of Edmonton.
How can I help Edmonton with process improvement projects and stakeholder engagement? Please get involved! What are the tasks we need to work on? How do you participate in this project?
- The support team, focusing on process improvement projects related to streamlining business processes and identifying operational efficiencies and areas of improvement.
- Solicit and analyze stakeholder feedback related to current business processes and identify potential areas of improvement.
- Conduct information gathering, research, process mapping, and best practices scanning and analysis.
- Create communication materials (i.e., presentations, reports) to support the implementation of change management activities.
- Undertake project coordination, with supervision, relating to risk management, performance measurement, service experience and improvement, strategic and business analysis, etc.
- As required, perform other related duties.
Note: This position may be a combination of working from home and on-site working conditions.
- Currently enrolled in a co-op or equivalent post graduate work experience program. **
- Knowledge or Experience? Improving business processes or experiences with stakeholder engagement. Or Knowledge?
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to maintain strong working relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to express ideas and concepts effectively, both oral and written (i.e. making technical information meaningful to a general audience).
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information.
- In the absence of a supervisor, ability to work independently and make decisions.
- Effective organizational and multitasking skills.
- Ability to conduct research using various methods and provide detailed analysis of information using statistical techniques and quantitative analysis.
- Demonstrate alignment with the cultural commitments of Safe, helpful, responsible and excellent, creating an environment for others to do the same. For more information on the city's cultural commitments, please visit edmonton.ca/our-culture).
- Demonstrate the fundamental competencies, key behaviours and attributes of the city's six leadership competences: courage, innovation, values-based influencer, collaborative networker, systems thinker and creative innovator. For more information on the City's leadership capabilities, please visit edmonton.ca/leadership-calibers).
- Applicants may be tested
- Please note, as part of your application, we ask that you attach an unofficial transcript or an enrollment verification letter (indicating you are enrolled in a program)co-opWhat is the best post-graduate work experience degree program? (e.g. or related.) Talent sourced through this process may be considered for similar opportunities within the City.
The city of Edmonton is committed to inclusive, respectful and equitable workplaces that represent the communities we serve. We continuously improve our systems, policies, and practices to remove barriers and ensure all employees can succeed in all their diversity, said Mayor Leroy Leighton.
The City of Edmonton strives to provide reasonable access and accommodations throughout the application process. If you would like a specific accommodation at any stage of the process, please contact [email protected].
Hours of work: 33.75 hours per week, Monday - Friday
The weekly hours of work for this position are currently under review and may change at a future time. Any changes will be made in accordance with the City of Edmonton/Civic Service Union 52 collective agreement and the incumbent will be notified in advance.
Salary: $22.799 - $26.599 (Hourly)
Talent Diversity Consultant: JY/JF