New Job Associate Director, Real Estate Banking (Montreal, Qc) In Quebec
|Associate Director, Real Estate Banking (Montreal, QC)|
Associate Director, Real Estate Banking (Montreal, QC)
Company : Scotiabank
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Quebec
Requisition ID: 184556
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Contributes to the overall success of the Commercial Real Estate Banking team, ensuring specific individual goals, plans, and initiatives are implemented in support of business strategy and objectives. Ensures all activities are conducted in accordance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
The Associate Director is responsible for contributing to the overall success of Real Estate Banking by meeting his/her team financial and non-financial metrics and supporting the Director with the management of a portfolio of accounts.
Is This Role Right for You? In this role, you will:
- Champion a culture of customer focus to deepen client relationships and leverage broad bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Negotiated goals and objectives include:
- The team's financial objectives consist of new loan applications, asset acquisition, and growth in revenue and deposits, as well as new customer acquisition and referrals to other departments within the bank.
- Non-financial objectives consist of customer service, operation effectiveness and personal development.
- Manage a team of associates and credit solutions analysts (based on the assigned market structure and portfolio).
- Provide customized and creative financial solutions to satisfy client needs and deliver a consistent customer experience.
- Keep track of credit quality and profitability of your customers.
- Monitor all account balances to ensure the bank's security position remains within guidelines, all conditions are met and timely action has been taken with regard to various maintenance items such as maturity dates and annual review.
- Provide effective account management and safeguard the bank's assets and liabilities.
- Support the business development activities of the Bank by:
- A positive approach to business and identifying new business opportunities with proper focus on profitability and risk.
- Assisting the director and group lead by research, preparing and conducting sales calls during site visits.
- In day-to-day activities and decisions, understand how the bank's risk appetite and risk culture should be considered.
- In response to the operational, compliance and effectiveness of his/her respective areas in accordance with Scotiabank's values, code of conduct and global sales principles, while ensuring the adequate, adherence to effective business control to meet his/her obligations with respect to operations. ''To actively pursue and implement effective operations in their respective territories''.
- Champion a high-performance environment and contribute to an inclusive work environment.
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role?
- You have a university degree plus three to five years of direct experience in real estate. What are your qualifications?
- You have proven business development and sales management skills.
- Strong negotiating and problem solving skills in handling complex selling situations, credit structuring, pricing of credits, and management of problem accounts. '
- Demonstrated skills in writing, financial analysis and risk assessment.
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of real estate loans.
- Strong personal and interpersonal skills to develop and maintain mutually beneficial relationships with clients.
- Staff motivation and ability to communicate are proven.
- In French and English, bilingualism is required.
What we’re offering:
- The opportunity to join a forward-thinking organization surrounded by an innovative team of leaders.
- A rewarding career path with diverse opportunities for professional development.
- A competitive compensation package and benefits package.
- Internal training to support your career growth and improve your skills.
- An organization committed to making a difference in our communities - for you and your customers.
Location(s): Canada : Quebec : Montreal
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.