New Job Assistant, Climbing Centre In British Columbia
|Assistant, Climbing Centre|
Assistant, Climbing Centre
Company : University of Victoria
Salary : $4,180–$4,309 a month
Location : British Columbia
The University of Victoria is one of Victoria's largest employers and one of Canada’s best diversity employers. Together we are more than 5,000 dedicated faculty, librarians and staff supporting the University of Victoria’s diverse academic programs, world-class research and commitment to civic engagement.
One of six units with the Division of Student Affairs, Vikes Athletics and Recreation (ATRS) offers eight high performance varsity sport programs (soccer, rugby, basketball, and field-hockey, cross country/track, rowing, swimming, and golf), competitive intramural and sport clubs, and a broad array of health and wellness programs to the university and broader community. As a sub-brand of the University, the Vikes programs have a high profile in the greater Victoria community, through partnerships, community programming, alumni outreach, and events. Athletics and Recreation’s commitment to excellence in sport, health and wellness, and customer service make it a key contributor to student success on campus, and the department plays a critical role in student recruitment and retention.
Under the direction of the Coordinator, Climbing Wall, the Assistant, Climbing Centre aids in the implementation of services offered through the CARSA Climbing Centre. This area includes school/group bookings registered child, youth and adult programs, private lessons, birthday parties and assisting in the supervision of the Climbing Centre. The Assistant, Climbing Centre provides part-time support in the day-to-day operations and serves as a point of contact in providing excellent customer service for our CARSA Climbing Centre community. The Assistant, Climbing Centre is a self-motivated individual who assists with scheduling, training student staff, and helps the Coordinator, Climbing Wall in maintaining efficient workflow throughout the year.
This position requires a level of education, training and experience equivalent to 1 years’ experience working within a comparable environment.
- Commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive and respectful working and learning environment.
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines while demonstrating excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and time management skills.
- Experience scheduling meetings and calendar coordination.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to relate well and work effectively within a team environment, as well as the larger UVic community and external agencies.
- Experience in effectively maintaining the confidentiality of highly personal and sensitive information.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision and resolve tasks and/or problems by exercising judgement and innovation and employing critical thinking and/or analysis.
- Proficiency with computer applications (i.e., MS-Office Suite, Fusion Recreation Management, etc.).
- Ability to lead and motivate others such as student staff.
- Ability to direct the work of others to meet objectives.
- Ability to contribute to respectful and inclusive relationships.
- Grade 12 completion
- Current ACMG CGI 1/2 Certification is an asset.
- Standard First Aid/CPR
- Previous experience in climbing gyms, outdoor programs and summer camps is an asset.
We acknowledge and respect the lək̓ʷəŋən peoples on whose traditional territory the university stands and the Songhees, Esquimalt and W̱SÁNEĆ peoples whose historical relationships with the land continue to this day.
Equity and Diversity Statement
UVic is committed to upholding the values of equity, diversity, and inclusion in our living, learning and work environments. In pursuit of our values, we seek members who will work respectfully and constructively with differences and across levels of power. We actively encourage applications from members of groups experiencing barriers to equity.
Read our full equity statement here: www.uvic.ca/equitystatement.
If you anticipate needing accommodations for any part of the application and hiring process contact: [email protected] Any personal information provided will be maintained in confidence.