New Job Aircraft De-Icer In Manitoba
YWG - Winnipeg James Armstrong Richardson International Airport
Full-time Seasonal Positions Available
The members of the Inland Group of Companies (IDS, Inland Technologies and Quantem Aviation Services) are highly experienced in aircraft de-icing, environmental management, ground handling and pretty much any other aviation support service you can think of. We operate at over 50 airports in four countries. Through our IDS brand we provide aircraft de-icing and anti-icing services at more than 20 stations throughout Canada, the United States and Europe. Last season alone, we collectively de-iced/anti-iced more than 50,000 aircraft. To see us in action, please click this link: https://player.vimeo.com/video/401377875
Our business is built on a foundation of excellence in customer service, innovation and continuous improvement and safety is at the forefront of everything we do. We provide a workplace where respect, integrity and a high degree of ethical behaviour is a minimum expectation. To learn more about our organization, please visit our website at: https://inlandgroup.aero/
At Inland, we offer the following benefits, some of which are subject to eligibility:
- A rewarding and safe work environment (company provided PPE);
- On the job training, mentoring and coaching;
- Growth and advancement opportunities for high potential employees;
- Employee and family assistance program;
- Competitive compensation and benefits package;
- Pension plan with employer contribution;
- Access to group rates and discounts.
About the Position:
- Comply with all Government Labour, Health and Safety laws, regulations and policies;
- Abide by Inland’s procedural handbooks, operational plans, and directives of management to ensure that all work is done according to specifications and/or regulations;
- Promoting and adhering to our safety and respectful workplace culture;
- Participate in pre-planning for de/anti-icing and ADF recovery events by performing checks on equipment and servicing equipment with fuel or glycol;
- Operate equipment within close proximity to airfield personnel, aircraft and other airfield equipment safely and efficiently;
- Be alert and aware of other apron traffic, and to only begin de-icing when it can be done safely without interfering with aircraft movement. AIRCRAFT ALWAYS HAVE THE RIGHT OF WAY;
- Promptly and accurately complete all associated paperwork as required;
- Professionally communicate with aircraft operators (pilots), spraying operators, GRV operators, and other stakeholders in a clear and concise manner via two-way radio;
- Ensure proper shutdown of pads, including paperwork and logbooks; that all maintenance issues have been logged and reported to maintenance and all proper shutdown procedures for the equipment are followed;
- Testing of aircraft de-icing fluids as required;
- Perform daily Vehicle walk-around inspections utilizing appropriate checklists;
Please Note: This position requires the ability to obtain a Restricted Area Identity Card (RAIC), and an Airside Vehicle Operators Permit (AVOP).
- Minimum 18 years of age;
- Valid driver’s license and driving record that meets Company insurance standards;
- Ability to lift, push, and pull objects up to fifty (50) pounds occasionally and twenty (20) pounds regularly;
- Employees must have the ability to climb 15-foot heights for work;
- Basic computer skills with working knowledge of Microsoft programs and the ability to use Inland’s independent computer program;
- Ability to read, write, speak and communicate effectively;
- Ability to interpret documents including safety rules, operating and procedure manuals;
- Basic knowledge of aircraft and how they perform;
- General mechanical competence and ability to effectively use hand tools;
- Must be comfortable working at various heights;
- Must be comfortable operating large vehicles during inclement weather in constricted areas;
- Ability to remain calm and perform under pressure and within fixed time constraints.
- Ability to work in a confined space for extended periods of time;
- Class 3 Driver’s License considered an asset.
Conditions Of Employment:
Candidates must be eligible to work in the country of interest, at the time any offer of employment is made and seeking any required work permits/visas or other authorizations which may be required is the sole responsibility of the candidates applying for this position. The Inland Group thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.
All candidates must successfully complete the interview process, a criminal history check and references verification in order to qualify. The use of the masculine gender has been adopted for ease of reading and has no discriminatory intent.
If you are a self-starter who is committed to providing the highest level of customer satisfaction and your experience and ability meet with the above minimum requirements, please forward your cover letter and resume to the Inland HR Team, quoting posting number 23-51. Full job description available upon request.
Please apply online.
Inland is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
2023 & 2022 & 2021
Deloitte Private, Canada’s Best Managed Companies
The Inland Group of Companies
EcoVadis (Certified Sustainability Performance Ratings)
The Inland Group of Companies