New Job 822758 - Geotechnical Practice Leader In Saskatchewan
|822758 - Geotechnical Practice Leader|
822758 - Geotechnical Practice Leader
Company : Geosyntec Consultants, Inc.
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Saskatchewan
Do you want to build an impactful career to change the world for the better? Geosyntec is an innovative, international engineering and consulting firm serving private and public-sector clients to address new ventures and complex problems involving our environment, natural resources, and civil infrastructure. Our engineers, scientists, technical and project employees serve our clients in more than 90 locations around the world. Ranked by ENR in the top 20 design firms for the environment, Geosyntec is internationally known for its technical leadership, broad experience, and exceptional client service.
Geosyntec is seeking an exceptional Geotechnical Practice Leader to help us grow our Western Canadian practices, located in our Saskatoon, SK, and Vancouver, BC Offices. This person will have an entrepreneurial attitude, be enthusiastic, and lead business development and technical efforts focused on providing strategic solutions to our client’s most complex problems. This position will support the development and implementation of new strategies to expand Geosyntec’s team, reputation and market share within the Geotechnical Practice.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
We invest in our people. Each employee is unique, and your career at Geosyntec will be too. Learn more by visiting www.geosyntec.com
Some of the key duties and responsibilities for the position include:
- Develop business and manage clients and projects in the mining sector;
- Recruit, train, and mentor early and mid-career engineers;
- Manage projects and prepare proposals;
- Oversee civil and/or geotechnical engineering analyses;
- Oversee subsurface site characterization;
- Develop and manage instrumentation monitoring systems;
- Prepare engineering reports, design calculations, drawings, technical specifications, and permit applications; and
- Conduct fieldwork associated with design and construction services.
Collaboration and mentoring are cornerstones of Geosyntec’s culture. You should expect to work closely with experienced professionals who will help integrate you into Geosyntec’s culture. You will be responsible for business development and marketing with the purpose of establishing a client-oriented practice within Geosyntec. Additional responsibilities include project management, staff management, and mentoring. Here are some other things you should know about a typical Principal Geotechnical Engineer position with Geosyntec:
- Training: This position requires OSHA health and safety, first aid, and CPR training and medical monitoring, paid for by the firm. We also offer professional development opportunities including in-house seminars, webinars, and mentoring, that allow our professionals to build the technical and business skills necessary to become successful consultants
- Fieldwork and overnight travel may be required, as needed.
Your success is our success. We encourage our professionals to continually develop their interests and skills. Advancement is based on an individual’s own performance and initiative.Education and Licensure:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Geotechnical engineering. (required)
- Advanced degree in Civil or Geotechnical engineering. (preferred)
- Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) registration in Saskatchewan or British Columbia or ability to become registered in SK/BC within one year after start of employment. (required)
- At least 10 years of progressive experience in consulting industry, or equivalent combination of education and experience. (required)
- Demonstrated business development and project management experience. (required)
- Strong oral and technical writing skills. (required)
- Valid Canadian driver’s license and a satisfactory driving record for business travel. (required)
Geosyntec strives to hire and retain the best and brightest people in their fields. We look for exceptional interpersonal skills, communication skills, and problem-solving abilities, plus the passion for technical excellence and quality. We seek individuals with leadership potential, a commitment to lifelong learning and growth, and the desire to build a long and rewarding career with a growing Firm.
Geosyntec is a great place to build a career. If you're looking for an exciting place to work, a place with challenging and rewarding projects, and a place that has been nationally recognized for its employees' quality of life, technical expertise, and business success, then Geosyntec may be the place for you. You can learn more about careers and employment at Geosyntec by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/.
We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive benefits package. Learn more by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/employee-benefits.