New Job Word/Data Processing Clerk Ii - Towed Vehicle Clerk In Alberta
|Word/Data Processing Clerk II - Towed Vehicle Clerk|
Word/Data Processing Clerk II - Towed Vehicle Clerk
Company : City of Edmonton
Salary : $41,690–$51,769 a year
Location : Alberta
**This posting is for one (1) full-time temporary positions ending on or before December 31, 2023**
The Edmonton Police Service requires one (1) individual with excellent customer service experience to work as a towed vehicle clerk in the Police Seized Vehicle Section (PSVS). Responsibilities will include:
- Authorizing and releasing vehicles and property to owners.
- Receiving payment for tow charges and processing payments using iNovah.
- Entering data onto the Towed Vehicle Management System and CPIC systems.
- Receiving reports, determining if vehicles have been reported stolen and completing and verifying specific information.
- Responding to telephone inquiries from the general public as well as EPS members and members of other police agencies.
- Creating and maintaining filing systems.
- Preparing routine and standard correspondence.
- Providing instructions to less experienced staff.
- Performing other related duties as required.
- Completion of the twelfth (12th) school grade including business subjects with an emphasis on word and information processing, or completion of an appropriate certificate program from an approved business school/college, supplemented by training in basic microcomputer applications.
- A minimum of two (2) years diversified word and information processing experience.
- Superior customer service experience dealing with the general public.
- Cash handling experience.
- Efficient and accurate data entry skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word. Experience with CPIC and iNovah.
- Hosted PCI credit card payment system and Towed Vehicle Management System or similar Records Management system would be considered an asset.
- Ability to process a large volume of work with a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to make independent decisions.
- Applicants may be tested.
- As part of your pre-hire screening, you will be required to complete an Enhanced Security Clearance. Should you accept employment with the Edmonton Police Service you acknowledge and agree to participate in future Enhanced Security Re-Clearances at scheduled intervals or in any other circumstances, exigent or otherwise, as required by Human Resources Division.
Hours of Work:
33.75 hours per week, 0630 - 1430 Hrs. Monday - Friday, 0900 - 1700 Saturday – Sunday. Hours of work may be subject to the terms and conditions of a variable hours of work program
21M, Salary Grade: 006, $23.66 - $29.38 (Hourly), $1,597.30 - $1,983.50 (Bi-Weekly), $41,690.05 - $51,769.02 (Annually). The rates quoted are in accordance with a collective agreement between the Union and the City of Edmonton.
- The City of Edmonton thanks applicants for their interest in this opportunity. Candidates considered for the position will be contacted.
- We are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity and encourage applications from all qualified individuals.
- Please include a current resume and covering letter with your online application.
The Province of Alberta is a party to the Federal Agreement on Internal Trade, the Trade, Investment and Labour Mobility with British Columbia and the New West Partnership Trade Agreement with British Columbia and Saskatchewan. All of these agreements promote labour mobility between the Provinces. Applicants may obtain information regarding recognition of extra provincial credentials at www.newwestpartnershiptrade.ca.
HR Consultant: CS