New Job Student Services Representative In Saskatchewan
|Student Services Representative|
Student Services Representative
Company : Government of Saskatchewan
Salary : $24.11–$30.21 an hour
Location : Saskatchewan
The Student and Support Services branch in the Ministry of Advanced Education is seeking one full-time permanent Student Service Representative in the Student Service Call Centre to provide first-contact resolution for clients.
The Student and Support Services branch administers federal and provincial needs-based programs that provide financial assistance to qualified Saskatchewan residents enrolling in approved programs of studies. This unit is responsible for the assessment and verification of clients funded through the Student Aid program, the Graduate Retention Program as well as other financial assistance programs administered by the branch.
In this position, you will:
- respond verbally and in writing to client and external stakeholder inquiries through various communication channels such as the Telax system;
- provide verbal and written communication about policies, programs, applications and files to clients, educational institutions, career and employment counsellors, service providers and other agencies regarding student financial assistance programs;
- review, analyze and assess applications and documentation as well as enter, retrieve, update, reassess and verify client accounts using various software, customized databases and online portal accounts;
- through casework management, provide one-on-one assistance and instruction to students, families, and educational institutions; and
- de-escalate difficult situations and complaints, establish and maintain rapport with clients by using conflict resolution techniques and probing techniques to guide the conversation, and overcome barriers and resolve issues and concerns.
Our candidate of choice will have outstanding interpersonal and communication skills in order to develop effective working relationships with clients, co-workers and stakeholders.
The successful candidate will have familiarity with the use of government acts, regulations, policies/procedures and the ability to apply historic, current and new policies, guidelines and procedures for all student financial assistance program inquiries when addressing client issues.
A demonstrated ability to apply a working knowledge of basic financial, administrative, and accounting principles and practices is essential in this position.
You will have significant expertise in techniques and practices used to operate various computer applications, systems, software and databases required to enter information, review applications, assess applications, analyze, resolve problems and requests from students and education institution counsellors.
In a collaborative work environment, you will bring leadership and team-building skills necessary to complete shared responsibilities toward similar goals.
Typically, the knowledge and skills required for this position would be obtained through a diploma in Administration, Business, Commerce, Finance or Accounting and/or an equivalent combination of education and experience.