New Job Software Developer (Java) In Ontario
|Software Developer (Java)|
Software Developer (Java)
Company : Scotiabank
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Ontario
Requisition ID: 176056
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Our Canadian Banking Technology Team is looking for a Programmer who has exposure to full scale application development, maintenance and production support. You will be contributing to the development of world-class digital products and experiences touching millions of Scotiabank customers every day. By joining our team, you will make an impact on our customers and the banking industry.
Where will you work? This is a Hybrid role.
Is this role right for you?
- You dream in code and spend your free time tinkering with new technologies.
- Interested in leading a team of Developers
- Interested in the impact that financial services technology can have on people’s everyday lives.
- Experienced in user-centered design
- Eager to mentor, teach and share
- You thrive and enjoy working in an Agile environment
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role?
- Experience in design and development of REST APIs, Microservices.
- Experience in development using Java / J2EE.
- Experience in development using Spring, Spring Boot.
- Experience working with on or more backend databases RDBMS.
- Experience with Cloud Technologies - Azure, GCP or AWS
- Knowledge of architectural, design, programming and testing techniques.
- Experience in web technology stack using REACT, Node, Angular framework.
- Experience in containerization, Kubernetes is an asset.
What's in it for you?
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
- We provide you with the tools and technology needed to create beautiful customer experiences
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
- Dress codes don't apply here, being comfortable does
- Onsite cafeteria for when you expect to work onsite
- We offer a competitive total rewards package that includes a base salary, a performance bonus, company matching programs (on pension & profit sharing), generous vacation, personal & sick days, personal development funding, maternity leave top-up, parental leave and much more.
What's in it for you?
- Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Allyship - We strive to create an inclusive culture where every employee is empowered to reach their fullest potential, respected for who they are, and are embraced through bias-free practices and inclusive values across Scotiabank. We embrace diversity and provide opportunities for all employee to learn, grow & participate through our various Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) that span across diverse gender identities, ethnicity, race, age, ability & veterans.
- Accessibility and Workplace Accommodations - We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Scotiabank continues to locate, remove and prevent barriers so that we can build a diverse and inclusive environment while meeting accessibility requirements.
- Remote-friendly work environment will provide you with the flexibility to perform at your best.
- Upskilling through online courses, cross-functional development opportunities, and tuition assistance.
- Competitive Rewards program including bonus, flexible vacation, personal, sick days and benefits will start on day one.
- Dynamic Office - Fully equipped gym, showers, games room, bowling alley, micro market, free tea & coffee, universal washrooms, wellness rooms, and lots of space for team collaboration.
- Community Engagement - no matter where you choose to work from; we offer opportunities for community engagement & belonging with our various programs such as hackathons, contests, cooking with friends, Humans of Digital and much more!
Working location condition: Hybrid
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Scarborough
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.