New Job Senior Information Governance Officer In Ontario
|Senior Information Governance Officer|
Senior Information Governance Officer
Company : City of Richmond Hill
Salary : $98,253–$113,967 a year
Location : Ontario
The Senior Information Governance Officer will provide expertise, guidance, and coordination for department activities related to the development, implementation, maintenance, and administration, in collaboration with the City’s Information Technology Division, of the City’s Electronic Document and Records Management System (EDRMS), Information Governance (Records and Information Management), and Access and Privacy programs. This position will work to achieve approved service levels through the coordination of staff, work activities, and assignments, and have responsibilities for the development and implementation of policies and procedures in the respective areas.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide senior-level advice, leadership, and guidance to develop, implement, and administer the City’s EDRMS, Information Governance (Records and Information Management), and Access and Privacy Programs.
- Develop policies, procedures, practices, and protocols for the City to ensure that the City is compliant with legislation and aligned with best practices.
- Identify, analyze, investigate, review, audit, and resolve issues as they arise.
- Coordinate the work of the division’s information governance team to ensure effective and efficient delivery of the program.
- Develop and deliver training and supporting materials to staff as required.
- Ensure security and control over highly sensitive and confidential information (including human resource records, personal information, and council closed session matters).
- Lead the processing of Freedom of Information (FOI) Requests under the Municipal Freedom of Information & Protection of Privacy Act (MFIPPA).
- Liaise with the Information and Privacy Commissioner of Ontario regarding any FOI request appeals, privacy complaints, and privacy breaches.
- Respond to requests for privacy impact assessments and conduct them in collaboration with appropriate stakeholders.
Duties and Responsibilities Cont'd (if applicable)
Education and Experience
- University Degree in a related field
- Certifications and/or courses in records management, information management, information governance, information access, and protection of privacy are an asset.
- A certified records manager is an asset.
- CIPP/C Certification (Certified Information Privacy Professional–Canada Certification) is an asset.
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- 5 years experience in records and information management, information governance, and/or access and privacy
- Experience in the development and implementation of an Electronic Document and Records Management System (EDRMS).
- Demonstrated ability to exercise significant discretion and sensitivity involving regular access to confidential information.
- Sound judgment and ability to handle matters of a confidential, political, and/or sensitive nature.
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with staff, client divisions, outside agencies, and members of council.
- Considerable experience in preparing reports and the application of relevant information to support policy analysis and decision-making.
- Extensive knowledge of MFIPPA, relevant City by-laws, and orders of the Information and Privacy Commissioner, especially orders pertaining to the municipal environment, or comparable legislation from other Canadian jurisdictions.
- High level of technology experience (including MS Office and EDRMS software systems).
- Project management skills.
- Demonstrates good judgment and makes sound decisions.
- Proven written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate with honesty, openness, respect, and trust.
- Demonstrates personal leadership
- Builds people and culture
- Cultivates open communication
- Shapes the future
- Navigates and leads through complexity and change
Attention Internal Candidates: All current City of Richmond Hill employees are required to apply via the ‘View Jobs for Current Employees’ link on the City’s Careers Page.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
The City of Richmond Hill is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. If contacted to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please advise Human Resources if you require an accommodation.