New Job Senior Clerk - Head Cashier In Manitoba
|Senior Clerk - Head Cashier|
Senior Clerk - Head Cashier
Company : City of Winnipeg
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Manitoba
Under the general supervision of the Supervisor of Customer Relations, the Senior Clerk is responsible for the entire cash operations of the Planning, Property and Development Department which includes reconciling of all transactions daily, with both the department and Corporate Financial Services, training cashiers, and responding to requests from other department members, contractors and the general public, in regards to permit fees, adjustments and refunds, and the administration of customer accounts.
This position is also responsible for maintaining a high level of customer service skill, extensive knowledge on all existing systems and procedures related to the departmental permit processing software system, AMANDA, and PeopleSoft, liaising with the necessary technical support staff of those software systems in regards to maintenance and updates, and supervises up to five clerical support staff and provides guidance to the remaining clerical support staff in the Zoning and Permits Branch.
As the Senior Clerk - Head Cashier, you will:
- Respond to external customer and internal staff inquires/concerns related to the administration of fees and charges as specified by the various by-laws pertinent to the Planning Property and Development.
- Directly supervise up to five clerical support staff and provide assistance to remaining clerical support staff, and acts as the Supervisor of Customer Relations in their absence.
- Perform the financial functions as Head Cashier.
Your education and qualifications include:
- Completion of a recognized accounting certificate or combination of courses in a formal accounting designation program or commerce program.
- Certificate in Management and Administration would be an asset.
- Superior customer service skills with a minimum of two (2) years’ experience in a position requiring daily contact with the public.
- Experience with AMANDA and zoning and permits business rules, policies and procedures.
- Broad experience in clerical work, together with responsibility, sound judgment and initiative.
- Knowledge of general accounting principles.
- Knowledge of the City of Winnipeg financial procedures.
- Knowledge of the Development and inspections Division permit process.
- Knowledge of the City of Winnipeg by-laws and procedures related to zoning and permits.
- Considerable knowledge of general office procedures and practices, and the ability to maintain accurate files and records.
- Ability to supervise.
- Ability to prepare reports and spreadsheets.
- Ability to control and balance various accounting records and summaries.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with fellow employees, and to deal effectively and courteously with the general public, in person and over the telephone.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to type 20 w.p.m.
- Ability to work in a high stress, multi-task environment and to meet deadlines.
- Proficiency in the use of Windows-based software such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, AMANDA and PeopleSoft Financial/Budget Module.
- IMPORTANT: Applicants who have been educated outside of Canada must have education which is comparable to the minimum qualification in Canada. Applicants submitting foreign credentials require an official academic assessment report issued by a recognized Canadian assessment service https://www.canalliance.org/en/ at application.
Conditions of employment:
- The successful applicant must maintain legal eligibility to work in Canada. If the successful applicant possesses a work permit, it is their responsibility to ensure the permit remains valid.
- A Police Information Check satisfactory to the employer will be required from the successful candidate, at their expense. To obtain Police Information Check information please visit https://legacy.winnipeg.ca/police/pr/PIC.stm#pic.