New Job Rink Attendant/Labourer In Newfoundland And Labrador
Company : Town of Paradise
Salary : From $22.56 an hour
Location : Newfoundland and Labrador
Reporting to the Recreation Operations Manager, this position is responsible for performing custodial, minor maintenance and operational activities related to the Paradise Double Ice Complex and grounds. This position is accountable for the provision of unskilled to semi-skilled manual labour in the various trades and unclassified work activities of the Town. The successful applicant will be working in an arena environment and will have the ability to prioritize work, and have knowledge of and experience in arena/facility operations.
- Grade twelve (12) High School Diploma or equivalent;
- Hold a valid Class 5 Driver License (Driver’s Abstract required);
- Satisfactory Code of Conduct and Vulnerable Sector Check;
- First Aid Certificate;
- WHMIS training;
- Completion of the Arena Operators Course offered through Recreation NL;
- Proven experience in ice making, Zamboni operation, janitorial and facilities maintenance;
- Experience working in an unskilled to semi-skilled manual labour environment;
- Equivalent combination of experience and education will also be considered.
This is a unionized position with a varied work schedule within the hours of operation of the Facilities. The work schedule will include days, evenings, weekends, and holidays. The rate of pay for this position is $22.56/hour as per the Collective Agreement. The deadline to apply is August 8, 2023. The Town of Paradise is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If this opportunity interests you, please submit your resume quoting the competition number to:
Town of Paradise
Email: [email protected]
The Town of Paradise would like to thank applicants for their interest. Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: From $22.56 per hour
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-08-08