New Job Real Estate Coordinator In Ontario
|Real Estate Coordinator|
Real Estate Coordinator
Company : Hydro One Networks Inc
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Ontario
47637 - Markham - Regular -
Hydro One is proud to be the largest electricity transmission and distribution provider in Ontario, serving nearly 1.4 million customers. We have a long history in the industry with our roots dating back over 110 years to 1906. Since then, we have worked to grow and evolve to meet the changing needs of our customers and communities across Ontario. Today, we’re focused on providing exceptional customer service and ensuring we are building safe communities where we live, work and play.
It’s an exciting time to join the team at Hydro One!
Acquire fee, easement or other real estate rights and interests from land owners, grant new or renew existing rights (e.g. license, lease, easement and releases) to parties occupying owned, easement or statutory right Company properties, support the Secondary Land Use program, and respond to customer inquiries relating to these properties, in accordance with Company real estate and other policies, as well as real estate acquisition, management and disposal strategies. Market/dispose of surplus or other Company properties or lands required for public (e.g. provincial or municipal roadways) or other private interest purposes. Work with a variety of external parties (e.g. private owners, industrial, commercial and residential developers or their representatives, lawyers, realtors, public sector and government agency parties, First Nations as well as elected representatives). Review and interpret plans, drawings and surveys, explain real estate agreements to external parties and secure approval of final transaction settlement terms from supervisor or other Company signing authorities.
- Assess new, refurbishment or other transmission and distribution project proposals or plans received from clients or other internal/external groups to generally evaluate the magnitude of the project, determine real estate and/or real estate rights requirements and under supervisor direction, prepare a variety of project related reports including real estate rights requirements nd cost estimate summaries, resourcing and related cost estimates, as well as land use, land owner or other real estate issue assessments. Review, collect and analyze market sales data, land use planning/site information and other relevant data to prepare less complex appraisals, market value estimates and/or other real estate 22ports.
- Undertake selected real estate management, acquisition, disposal or other real estate reviews and/or assessments (e.g. Owner Contact Program requirements, Agricultural Licensing program needs) to identify required work programs and related real estate issues and under supervisor direction, prepare reports outlining necessary work activities, resourcing requirements and related costs and other relevant project or program requirements. This includes supporting the Provincial Secondary Land Use Program under the direction of the supervisor and Infrastructure Ontario.
- Attend Community Information Centre presentations or other public meetings to assist supervisor in explaining Company real estate acquisition, management and/or disposal policies or answer general inquiries relating to project or program real estate matters.
- Establish and maintain necessary business relationships with internal and external client and customer groups, Law Department and other key stakeholder representatives to ensure real estate acquisition, management and disposal activities and/or assessments undertaken meet key Company business objectives, while responding to external customer needs and issues. Coordinate the involvement of appropriate internal and external representatives to fully appreciate all real estate and other related matters being analyzed.
- Keep abreast of the real estate industry, technological or Company specific trends and developments that may impact on real estate acquisition, management and disposal activities through both internal and external contacts. Provide real estate acquisition, taxation, management and disposal advice, guidance and information to various internal and external clients and parties, as required and appropriate.
- Meet targeted business goals, timetables, delivery dates etc. established for acquisition, management or disposal work activities and/or review and assessment projects undertaken. Ensure all legislative, governmental and Company operational, environmental and all other relevant requirements are recognized and/or met in carrying out real estate acquisition, management or disposal activities and/or undertaking real estate assessments.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Requires a knowledge of real estate related to industrial, commercial, residential and rural real estate, appraisal, real estate property law, real estate management, land use planning, business administration, economics and marketing to acquire, grant or dispose of real estate rights and prepare real estate or related assessments, estimates involving the acquisition, management and disposal of real estate rights.
- Requires a good knowledge of English to communicate effectively with internal and external clients, prepare written or present verbal assessments and explain agreements to customers and/or their representatives. This knowledge is considered to be normally acquired through the completion of Grade XII plus 4 years further concentrated study, e.g., Bachelor of Commerce or Arts degree in Real Estate and Housing, Business Administration, Economics, or Urban and Regional Planning.
- Requires experience in real estate to understand various real estate rights, the application of market valuation to real estate rights transactions, the use of real estate and legal documents, real estate practices and procedures.
- Requires experience to be familiar with the processes involved in valuing and acquiring fee, easement or other real estate interests in land, granting rights on owned, easement or statutory right properties (e.g. licenses, leases, easements), selling properties and interpreting associated drawings, plans and surveys and preparing standardized documentation and legal agreements.
- Requires experience in completing assessments, reports, estimates and similar documents in undertaking transmission or distribution project reviews, project real estate rights and resourcing cost and/or other estimates and other similar reviews and assessments related to real estate management and/or disposal programs and/or projects.
- Requires experience in understanding Company operational, technical and business requirements and assessing these against real estate acquisition, management and/or disposal project/program requirements. A period of over 4 years and up to and including 6 years is considered necessary to gain this experience.
At Hydro One we understand that the success and strength of our business rests with our people. When we develop their skills, we are investing in both their success and ours. To secure the best talent, we seek to create a workforce that reflects the diverse populations of the communities where we live and work and to create a culture based on safety, innovation and inclusiveness.
We are honoured to be recognized by Forbes in its list of Canada’s Best Employers for 2023.
Thank you for considering a career with Hydro One, we welcome applications from all qualified candidates. If you are having difficulty using our online application system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, please email [email protected]. Hydro One will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process.
Please note this email is only for accommodation requests. Resumes sent to this email address will not be considered.
Deadline: August 14th, 2023
In the event you are experiencing difficulties applying to this job please consult our help page here.
Job Segment: Real Estate, Telecom, Telecommunications, Realtor, Law, Sales, Technology, Legal