New Job Project Manager (Program Admin Officer 4) In Nova Scotia
|Project Manager (Program Admin Officer 4)|
Project Manager (Program Admin Officer 4)
Company : Province of Nova Scotia
Salary : $6,183–$7,262 a month
Location : Nova Scotia
Department: Service Nova Scotia and Internal Services
Type of Employment: Permanent
Union Status: NSGEU - NSPG
Closing Date: 14-Aug-23 (Applications are accepted until 11:59 PM Atlantic Time)
Department of Cyber Security and Digital Solutions* (CSDS), as part of the Government of Nova Scotia, puts people first. CSDS is large, diverse, and passionate about making a difference in peoples’ lives. We believe in user-centered iterative digital service design, and practice Internet-era ways of working. Working at CSDS means you will be a part of a team of caring, compassionate, and highly skilled people whose work makes a difference through designing, continuously improving and delivering the programs and services that people need.
At CSDS, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate a supportive culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging!
The people who use government programs and services come from all walks of life. It is important that CSDS reflects the people that we serve – so we can deliver better, and more accessible, and inclusive public services. We work hard to create an environment where different perspectives and experiences are valued. We are committed to helping diverse talent thrive.
- Formerly known as the Nova Scotia Digital Service (NSDS) group, a part of the previous named Department of Service Nova Scotia and Internal Services.
About Our Opportunity
Do you want to make a difference? Do you like to make a big impact? Do you want to be a part in transforming the way we serve our citizens and bring a WOW digital experience to our citizens and employees in government and health? If the answer is, “Yes!” then we have the opportunities what will challenge and excite you.
We are looking to strengthen our rapidly growing team with the addition of a Project Manager. This position is part of the Digital Collaboration team that enables and accelerates modern workplace productivity and collaboration adoption, promotes awareness and usage of digital collaboration and productivity apps and provides end-to-end support, through the delivery of modern digital experience across:
- Individual productivity
- Team productivity
- Community enablement
- Organizational productivity
Reporting to the Manager of Digital Collaboration, the Project Manager will be responsible to manage and provide oversight a wide variety of projects that deliver impactful solutions for client departments across the Provincial Government, Nova Scotia Health (NSH) and IWK, as well as to the citizens of Nova Scotia.
The Project Manager identifies, defines, and manages overall projects that impact multiple internal and external stakeholders. The Project Manager is responsible for consultation, promotion, budgeting, contract management, communications, and/or development of the overall project and project plans.
The Project Manager is responsible for:
- Manages and delivers required outcomes for one or more projects. Provides direction and/or development of the project and project plans including project scope development, business requirements analysis, advising on procurement, methodology selection, project management strategies, and resource and capacity management of direct and indirect project resources.
- Develops and/or delivers a plan for significant aspects of internal and external communications. This includes ongoing monitoring and reporting of projects and providing processes and tools to provide the required information for inclusion on reports.
- Identifies shortcomings and suggests improvements to existing processes, systems and procedures, then delivers a plan for a small element of a change management program in collaboration with project team.
- Takes responsibility for delivering a prescribed budget for the project and conducts complex analyses on budget progress while working within established procedures. Allocates resources to appropriate places and develops strategies to ensure project management capacity meets the requirements. Delivers prescribed outcomes for a designated area of financial control. Develops action plans to address budget and/or operational business/project plan deviations as they occur throughout the fiscal year.
- Delivers on the established outcomes by managing day-to-day relationships with clients, contract service providers, and project team while working within an established contract management plan.
- Delivers outcomes by mentoring, coaching, and monitoring the project team to facilitate project objectives and ensures appropriate project management methodologies and best practice are followed.
Qualifications and Experience
As the Project Manager, you will have a relevant degree and at least six (6) years of relevant and progressive experience. You can demonstrate with evidence your experience with the following.
- Extensive project management experience in leading and managing large, complex product/service delivery and/or solution implementation projects;
- Knowledge and experience in project management methodology (e.g. PMBOK), digital service design and delivery and agile methodologies;
- Experience helping teams to manage outcomes, prioritize work and work to agreed minimum viable product (MVP) scope;
- Managing several projects concurrently involving multi-disciplinary teams of various sizes;
- Motivate and manage diverse teams of both internal and external business and technical specialists;
- Superior interpersonal and team building skills with the ability to interact effectively and develop strong relationships with staff at all levels;
- Facilitation, negotiation, and acting as a liaison with large client and stakeholder teams, including executive and senior management teams within and across client organizations;
- Problem solving, analytical thinking and decision making, and managing complex and competing needs;
- Organizing workloads, multitasking, and adaptable to ever changing priorities;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
The following would be considered an asset:
- Project Management Professional (PMP) designation;
- Masters Certificate in Project Management;
- Agile Project Management certification;
- Scrum/SAFe certification.
We will assess the above qualifications and competencies using one or more of the following tools: written examination, standardized tests, oral presentations, interview(s), and reference checks.
We recognize that everyone brings different skills and experiences to the table and that not everyone “checks all the boxes”. We encourage you to apply anyway! Tell us why you’re the right fit for the job.
Based on the employment status and Union agreement, the Government of Nova Scotia offers its employees a wide range of benefits such as Health, Dental, Life Insurance, Pension, General Illness (Short and Long Term), Vacation and Employee and Family Assistance Programs. Click here to learn more about our various benefits offering and eligibility criteria.
What We Offer
- Career development where you have access to career guidance, tools, resources, and ongoing training for every stage of your career
- Engaging workplace: our employees feel valued, respected, connected, and tuned in, we have forward-thinking policies and strategies
- Countless career paths
- Department specific flexible working schedules
Pay Grade: PR 17
Salary Range: $3,091.70 - $3,631.17 Bi-Weekly
Employment Equity Statement:
Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the citizens we serve. The Government of Nova Scotia has an Employment Equity Policy, and we welcome applications from Indigenous People, African Nova Scotians and Other Racially Visible Persons, Persons with Disabilities and Women in occupations or positions where they are under-represented. If you are a member of one of these equity groups, you are encouraged to self-identify on your electronic application.
This is a bargaining unit position initially restricted to current civil service employees represented by the Nova Scotia Government Employees Union (NSGEU). If applying from outside a government office, employees must apply correctly via this link:
Failure to apply correctly means that your application will not be given first consideration as a bargaining unit applicant, and will only be included if external applications are pursued.
External applicants and current casual employees will only be considered if there are no qualified civil service bargaining unit candidates. PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will not be considered for an interview if applications are incomplete or are missing information.
Offer of employment is conditional upon the completion of all applicable background checks and confirmation of credentials, the results of which must be satisfactory to the employer. We thank all applicants for the interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All questions and concerns may be directed to [email protected].