New Job Project Manager In Manitoba
Company : City of Winnipeg
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Manitoba
Under the direction of the Manager, Innovation & Technology, the Project Manager provides leadership and guidance in the execution of projects and initiatives through an integrated multi-disciplinary team approach that strives for innovation, excellence and efficiency. Projects may include, but are not limited to: Winnipeg Transit Radio and Intelligent Transit System Replacement Project. This position will manage projects throughout the project’s life-cycle and ensuring effective teamwork and communication, high standards of work quality and organizational performance, and continuous learning.
The Project Manager will, initiate, lead, facilitate, coordinate, and provide direction, monitoring and oversight activity for the projects assigned and ensure that the benefits of the investment are realized in an efficient and effective manner. This position is expected to develop and maintain strong relationships with project stakeholders throughout the project lifecycle.
The Project Manager will work with the Project Sponsor to plan, deliver and transfer the project to the Business Owner.
As the Project Manager you will:
- Provide project planning and management to ensure projects are proceeding according to plans with costs and benefits aligned with approved Business Case criteria and with terms established within the Business Case for each approved project.
- Be responsible for the overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of specific projects.
- Manage project resource allocation including assembling and coordinating project staff.
- Develop and manage the procurement process which includes solicitation and contract administration tasks.
- Manage the Design Management process.
Your education and qualifications include:
- Bachelor Degree in a related field such as Computer Science, Commerce, Engineering, or an acceptable equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Post-secondary education in Project Management would be desirable.
- Attainment of a Project Management Professional (PMP) designation/Prince II certification and certification in Asset Management and ADKAR Change Management Certification at the time of hire is desirable.
- 6 years of experience related to the duties listed above in Project Delivery, preferably in a Public Sector environment.
- Previously demonstrated success in leading projects including change initiatives, navigating complex environments and influencing desirable outcomes through positive and collaborative relationship management.
- Previous experience managing and leading projects including organizing, coordinating, planning, and maintaining schedules and controlling a large number of projects; preferably related to the implementation of technology products. Knowledge in the Information Technology sector.
- Experience in communications technology, radio technology, embedded systems, and automatic vehicle location systems would be considered an asset.
- Experience with supervision and management of design consultants and contractors.
- Supervisory experience including planning, organizing, directing, motivating and managing professional and administrative staff.
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to maintain relations with consultants, government agencies, developers, suppliers and contractors relative to facility and equipment design and improvements, and formulates sound recommendations.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills in order to be flexible and responsive to changing priorities and circumstances as well as ability to work on diverse projects simultaneously in stressful and fast paced environment.
- Proven ability to set priorities, solve problems and meet deadlines under pressure.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Demonstrated commitment towards continuous learning, growth and the achievement of high performance.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate with all levels of staff, stakeholders and the general public.
- Demonstrated ability and experience with Microsoft Office Suite including experience with Project Management Systems such as Microsoft Project or similar software.
- Experience in a municipal environment would be considered an asset.
- Experience in a public transit environment would be considered an asset.
- IMPORTANT: Applicants who have been educated outside of Canada must have education which is comparable to the minimum qualification in Canada. Applicants submitting foreign credentials require an official academic assessment report issued by a recognized Canadian assessment service https://canalliance.org/en/ at application.
Conditions of employment:
- The successful applicant must maintain legal eligibility to work in Canada. If the successful applicant possesses a work permit, it is their responsibility to ensure the permit remains valid.