New Job Portal, Tunnels, Esb And Eebs Project Manager In Ontario
|Portal, Tunnels, ESB and EEBs Project Manager|
Portal, Tunnels, ESB and EEBs Project Manager
Company : Bechtel
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Ontario
Requisition ID: 269951
- Relocation Authorized: National - Family
- Telework Type: Full-Time Office/Project
- Work Location: Toronto, ON
Bechtel is seeking a driven team player with a passion for delivering complex infrastructure mega-projects.
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, project management, and construction companies in the world. Bechtel operates through four global business units that specialize in energy, infrastructure, mining and metals and nuclear, security & environmental. Today, Bechtel team’s work with customers, partners, and suppliers on diverse projects in nearly 40 countries.Harnessing the Power of our Differences to Make a Difference for each other, our customers, and the communities we serve.
Bechtel, along with its sub-vendors Bantrel and Comtech, has been appointed as the Delivery Partner (DP) for the Ontario Line (OL) Project in Toronto, Canada. The OL is a brand-new metro line serving some of Toronto’s busiest districts and brings much needed additional connectivity and capacity to the city’s public transport network. The project scope includes the design, build, operation and maintenance of all infrastructure and rail systems associated with 15 stations and over 15km of new underground, surface and elevated track. The OL Project is being delivered through three major Public Private Partnership (P3) contracts and multiple Early and Advanced works (EAW) contracts. The OL is planned to open for passenger service in 2031. The DP, the customer Metrolinx and the Technical Authority (TA) are working together as the Integrated Project Team (IPT) to manage the delivery of the project.
Guide our organization in expanding its capacity and competency to lead, manage, build, and retain a diverse workforce and create a bias-free culture. Help create a work environment that ensures every employee has equal access to opportunities for professional growth and advancement, while ensuring that all colleagues feel valued, respected, and welcomed, and treated fairly. Hold ourselves accountable for our progress, making adjustments as needed to meet our D&I goals. https://www.bechtel.com/about-us/diversity/
The Project Manager for Portal, Tunnel, ESBs and EEBs is responsible for overseeing the delivery of the South Civil portal, tunnel, Emergency Service Buildings (ESBs) and Emergency Egress Buildings (EEBs) by the PCo. The South Civil contract is for the construction of 7km of twin-bored tunnels running east-west under downtown Toronto, one surface station (Exhibition) and six underground stations. The Project Manager for Portal, Tunnel, ESBs and EEBs reports to the South Manager who is the DP’s lead on the South Civil contract. The Project Manager for Portal, Tunnel, ESBs and EEBs has a team of two field specialists.
- Health, safety, environment, quality, schedule and cost performance for the portal, tunnel, ESBs and EEBs.
- Safeguarding that the PCo delivers the portal, tunnel, ESBs and EEBs in accordance with the contract.
- Reporting progress and escalating issues to the South Manager.
- Engaging discipline leads for subject matter expertise, implementing direction provided.
- Providing tunnelling and underground excavation guidance and support to DP’s South Civil team.
- Zippering with the PCo counterparts.
- Reviewing PCo deliverables for the portal, tunnel, ESBs and EEBs. Provide feedback regarding conformance with contract requirements and otherwise improvements that would benefit the project.
- Participating in planning, reviewing documents and oversight of site activities for the portal, tunnel, ESBs and EEBs. Highlighting non-conformances, risks and emerging issues.
- Recommending actions to address non-conformances / improve the outcome of the portal, tunnel, ESBs and EEBs.
- Maintaining a “look-ahead” view and reporting forecasts, risks and issues.
- Providing tunnelling and underground excavation subject matter expertise to the South Civil team.
- Providing input to DP progress report for the portal, tunnel, ESBs and EEBs.
Qualifications and Skills
- Relevant bachelor’s degree from an accredited university. Relevant experience guideline: 10-15 years.
- Previously held project management position(s) with responsibility for delivering infrastructure of similar scope, size and complexity to portal, tunnel, ESBs and EEBs on a metro project.
- Experience of working on infrastructure mega-projects, experience of rail projects in urban areas is desirable.
- Experience or working knowledge of multiple project delivery functions (e.g. engineering, contracts & procurement, construction, testing & commissioning, project controls, environment, safety & health, quality).
- Experience of delivering portal, tunnel, ESBs and EEBs or similar scope elements as part of multi-discipline teams working on complex mega-projects.
- Strong leadership, relationship building and communication skills (verbal and written).
- Fluent in using Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated commitment to Environment, Safety and Health (ES&H).
- Demonstrated commitment to Zero Accident safety program.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Energy; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, disability, citizenship status (except as authorized by law), protected veteran status, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
In accordance with Bechtel's duty to provide and maintain a safe workplace for our employees and to safeguard the health of our families, customers, and visitors, we have adopted mandatory COVID-19 safety protocols for each work location, which may include a vaccination or testing requirement. Please speak with your Bechtel recruiter to determine which protocols apply to the work location for the job you are seeking.