New Job Personal Trainer In Manitoba
Company : Effectus Athlete Development
Salary : $16–$30 an hour
Location : Manitoba
Effectus Athlete Development is a small business expanding into a satelite location in Headingley, Manitoba. We are professional, motivating, high energy, and our goal is to create a training center dedicated to providing the highest level strength and conditioning services to competitive cheerleading athletes ranging from approximately 8 to 28 years of age. Our clientele consists mostly of young, female, driven athletes and we are seeking strength and conditioning coaches who will not only instruct the best in strength and conditioning but will act as role models to these young athletes promoting strength and performance at all times.
Our work environment promotes to our staff:
- Opportunity to enhance their own health, wellness, and fitness level
- Opportunity to grow their clientele, develop as a strength coach, and succeed in the industry
We are looking for an experienced, motivating, and passionate Personal Trainer/Strength Coach to join our team. The ideal candidate for this position will have a background in fitness and nutrition (experience with athletes is an asset), and will be able to provide personalized advice and guidance to clients on exercise, performance, and nutrition. The successful candidate must be familiar with free weight and functional training including but not limited to barbell, dumbbell, med ball, kettlebell, plyometric, calisthetic, and bodyweight exercises.
Olympic lifting experience/certification, or the willingness to aquire certification, is an asset. The candidate will also be able to challenge and motivate clients to reach their potential in a safe and effective manner by instructing strength and conditioning sessions that encourage hard work, proper technique, and a desire to improve.
- Follow, implement and instruct training plans as designed for clients in a semi-private small group setting.
- Educate clients on proper form and technique for exercises.
- Monitor progress and suggest changes to fitness plans as needed.
- Motivate clients to reach their goals.
- Provide nutritional advice and guidance within your scope of practice (dependent on level of certification and experience). This is not a requirement
- Conduct assessments of clients' physical abilities.
- Maintain a clean, safe training facility
Job Type: Part-time
Part-time hours: 5-25 per week
Salary: $16.00-$30.00 per hour
Expected hours: 5 – 25 per week
- Flexible schedule
- On-site gym
Flexible Language Requirement:
- French not required
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Headingley, MB R4H 0C9: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Secondary School (preferred)
- personal training: 1 year (required)
- Personal training certification (preferred)
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-09-15
Expected start date: 2023-09-16