New Job Parks Supervisor - Infrastructure & Waskasoo Park Services In Alberta
|Parks Supervisor - Infrastructure & Waskasoo Park Services|
Parks Supervisor - Infrastructure & Waskasoo Park Services
Company : The City of Red Deer
Salary : $44.66–$55.83 an hour
Location : Alberta
The City of Red Deer is currently recruiting for a Parks Supervisor – Infrastructure & Waskasoo Park Services. This position is responsible for effectively leading, directing, evaluating and promoting Parks Infrastructure and Waskasoo Park that includes picnic shelters, restrooms, skate parks, splash parks, trails, pathways, playgrounds, outdoor rinks, and winter operations. This involves leading and supervising union staff and contractors in parks operations, capital planning and development initiatives, and providing exceptional customer service to residents, stakeholders, community groups, schools and internal departments. The position also initiates, administers and manages agreements and contracts with major parks users, specialized facilities within Waskasoo Park, community groups, service clubs, and concession operators within the Parks network. Enhancing community development, risk management for staff and public, budget management, communications, planning and public relations are also key aspects of this position.
As our preferred candidate, you will have:
- Related post-secondary training such as Recreation and Parks Administration, Horticulture, Landscaping, Landscape Architecture, Turf Grass maintenance or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Completion of first aid and C.P.R. courses.
- Minimum of five years of progressively more responsible and diverse exposure to a broad range of professional parks experience.
- Health and safety training required.
- Experience in plan and specification interpretation, along with survey procedures.
- Experience with current environmental and ecological practices.
- Experience with parks construction and playground safety and typical construction methods.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of the philosophy and objectives of municipal recreation and parks and of the principles of public park management, operation and maintenance.
- Thorough knowledge of understanding of Cemetery Operations including the Provincial Cemetery Act.
- Ability to develop and maintain sound operation and maintenance procedures and systems, policies and procedures, and operations manuals.
- Ability to establish cordial relations with subordinates, City officials, City departments, contractors, school boards, community associations, business community, service clubs, institutions, and the general public.
- Knowledge of local, Federal and Provincial legislation and City by-laws governing the operation and development of park facilities and public spaces.
- Demonstrated ability to engage in continuous learning and on-the-job training.
$44.66 to $55.83 per hour (87,428 to 109,285 Annually).
Hours of Work:
75 hours biweekly; Monday to Friday, some evening and weekend work may be required when needed.
We thank you for your application. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.