New Job Member Experiences Liaison In Alberta
|Member Experiences Liaison|
Member Experiences Liaison
Company : City of Edmonton
Salary : $17.00–$23.13 an hour
Location : Alberta
Are you passionate about health and fitness?
Do you LOVE working with people?
Are you interested in helping people to “Find their Fit”?
If yes, this opportunity is for you!
Join our team as a Member Experiences Liaison where you will be an ambassador at City of Edmonton fitness centers, gymnasiums, indoor playgrounds and field houses. Staff members on this team are comfortable approaching and initiating conversations with a wide variety of patrons in our facilities.
As the first point of contact, you will:
- Conduct facility orientations and tours
- Support patrons with identifying programs to meet their goals
- Meet and interact with people and demonstrate an enthusiastic and positive attitude
- Engage patrons with information and benefits offered at the facility
- Provide information on current fitness and sport services
- Provide information on safe operation of equipment, proper exercise form, workout regime, sports rules, and amenity etiquette
- Assist facility operations with preparing spaces for programs and rental activities
- Monitor and maintain equipment inventory; and ensure equipment is in safe working conditions
- Respond to emergency situations as needed
- Perform other relevant duties as assigned
- Grade 12 or high school equivalent
- Completion or in-progress of a related post-secondary degree or diploma in recreation and fitness considered as an asset
- Valid Intermediate First Aid and CPR Level C/AED Certification is required
- Experience in customer service with an ability to make new connections and build relationships with a diverse group of people Interest and experience with exercise leadership and physical activity promotion
- Knowledge of recreation and fitness activities
- Demonstrated ability to conduct effective needs assessments
- Ability to connect and engage patrons in designated work areas
- Ability to speak a second language is an asset
- Hire is dependent upon a Police Information Check including Vulnerable Sector check satisfactory to the City of Edmonton
- Demonstrate alignment with the Cultural Commitments of Safe, Helpful, Accountable, Integrated and Excellent, fostering an environment for others to do the same. For more information on the City’s Cultural Commitments, please visit edmonton.ca/our-culture
- Demonstrate the foundational competencies, key behaviours and attributes of the City’s six leadership competencies: Courage, Inclusivity, Values-Based Influencer, Collaborative Networker, Systems Thinker and Creative Innovator. For more information on the City’s leadership competencies, please visit edmonton.ca/our-culture
- Applicants may be tested
The City of Edmonton is committed to inclusive, respectful and equitable workplaces that represent the communities we serve. We continuously improve our systems, policies and practices to remove barriers and ensure our employees, in all their diversity, can succeed. We value applicants with a diverse range of skills, experiences and competencies, and encourage you to apply. To learn more, see the Art of Inclusion: Our Diversity and Inclusion Framework here: https://bit.ly/3hd2d95
The City of Edmonton strives to provide reasonable access and accommodations throughout the application and selection process. If you would like to request an accommodation at any stage of the process, please contact [email protected]
Up to 3 permanent full-time positions
Hours of work: 40 hours per week. Evenings and weekends are required.
The weekly hours of work for this position are currently under review and may change at a future time. Any changes will be made in accordance with the City of Edmonton/Civic Service Union 52 collective agreement and the incumbent will be notified in advance.
Salary: $17.000 - $23.130 (Hourly)
Talent Acquisition Consultant: JP/JF