New Job Materiel Management Technician - Term In Alberta
|Materiel Management Technician - TERM|
Materiel Management Technician - TERM
Company : The City of Red Deer
Salary : $28.22–$29.88 an hour
Location : Alberta
The City of Red Deer is currently recruiting for a Materiel Management Technician for a 6-month term. In this position you will:
- maintain inventory security, quality control and effective materiel handling operations within Materiel Management Stores and in the Materiel Management Yard;
- administer inventory policies and procedures and;
- provide the highest quality service to internal/external customers. Maintenance of facility and equipment to facilitate efficient operation and a safe working environment.
As our preferred candidate, you will have:
- Grade 12 education.
- One-year directly related experience including directing warehouse and stores operations, inventory control and materiel management activities for a large organization.
- Knowledge of inventory principles and procedures as applied in a computer environment. Previous experience with JD Edwards inventory software would be an asset.
- Valid Class 5 Alberta driver’s license.
- Must be experienced in forklift truck operation and in front end loader operation.
- Must be able to perform routine maintenance on various forklift trucks and other materiel handling equipment.
- Must be able to perform general maintenance for Stores facilities.
- Ability to organize and prioritise. Ability to process information within tight deadlines.
- Valid First Aid certificate.
- Ability to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with fellow staff and provide direction and feedback regarding performance of duties.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (Word and Excel).
- Working knowledge of J.D. Edwards Inventory module in order to create and expedite inventory orders.
- Ability to work with independence.
- Ability to understand and follow detailed inventory procedures accurately.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing with the public and employees.
- Must be in good physical condition to be able to exert moderate to high physical effort in lifting and moving heavy objects and to work in fatiguing and/or awkward positions.
- Must be willing to work under disagreeable working conditions such as; exposure to weather, dust, grease, noise, odours and chemicals.
Canadian Union of Public Employees, Local 417
$28.22 to $29.88 per hour.
Hours of Work:
80 hours biweekly as scheduled; some evening and weekend work may be required.
The term of this position is anticipated to be approximately 6 months with the possibility of an extension.
We thank you for your application. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.