New Job Maintenance Engineer Team Leader In Saskatchewan
|Maintenance Engineer Team Leader|
Maintenance Engineer Team Leader
Company : Pets Choice
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Saskatchewan
Reporting to the Engineering Manager you will work closely with manufacturing and Production Managers to ensure that machinery downtime is kept to a minimum and that all preventative maintenance is conducted in advance to avoid production disruption.
You will be the line leader for 2 Multiskilled engineers plus an apprentice ( that you will have a duty of care to ensure safe working when not in college )
Pets Choice is a leading pet food manufacturer whose industry knowledge spans over 135 years. Based in Blackburn, Lancashire, the Pets Choice portfolio of brands offers a variety of products for pets and wild animals under its brands; Webbox, TastyBone, Meatiful, Spike’s World, Goodwyns, Davies, Oceanic and Vitakraft. Each brand offers a unique insight into animals from dogs to ducks and produces high-quality products that cater to a wide variety of consumer needs. As a trusted partner, Pets Choice provide private label goods including extruded food, wet food and retorted trays, and baked fresh meat treats. The business also offers additional services such as packaging design, fulfilment and logistics. With a broad range of capabilities and distribution channels worldwide, Pets Choice are proud to be a major supplier to the UK grocery, independents and pet speciality sectors.
- Work as part of a small team of multi-disciplined engineers
- Ensure breakdowns are attended to in a timely manner and follow strict escalation procedures.
- Manage and update all shift cover, holidays, OT and return to work forms.
- Undertake PPM’s on equipment
- Action repairs and ensure all measures taken are recorded so recurrent faults can be recognised.
- Liaise with the Engineering Lead and Stores Manager to ensure the supply of appropriate parts
- Minimise the amount of downtime suffered by identifying repeat issues and assisting in creation of new PPM`s to reduce repeat breakdowns.
- Comply with all health, safety and environmental policies and procedures
- Champion H&S matters as delegated by the Head of Engineering or Engineering Lead.
- Champion building maintenance as directed by the Head of Engineering or Engineering Lead.
- Mentor and coach other engineers to deliver a quality service to production based on your knowledge and skill set
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of processes and practices
Key attributes and skills:
- Strong Electrical and Mechanical knowledge and ability on ( ideally ) Food processing machinery would be advantageous.
- Process control knowledge.
- Continually develop your skills and knowledge
- Competent in building electrical control systems from switchgear through to software implementation would be advantageous.
- Engineering apprenticeship and associated qualifications such as BTEC ONC, HNC, HND in Electrical Engineering is essential
- Ideally, IEE qualification up to 17th edition Wiring Regulations
- Have a proven track record in an Engineering and fault-finding role gained from within a FMCG environment (Ideally Food manufacturing industry would be advantageous. )
- Have a good understanding of HACCP, COSHH and GMP principles
- You will also possess excellent communication skills, demonstrate assertiveness and decision-making skills and have a positive attitude to your work.
- Take part in Root Cause Analysis exercises and strive to prevent re-occurrence with counter measures as directed by the Engineering lead after show stoppers or reoccurring breakdowns.
- Multi-skilled in both electrical and mechanical engineering
- CMMS experience and knowledge – Shires would be advantageous.
- Ability to deploy and execute the preventative maintenance strategy for the site.
- Driven to deliver solutions, ideas and innovations in a positive and pragmatic way
- Passionate about quality and best practice whilst driving continuous improvement
- Working knowledge of internal H&S audits and processes
If you would like to apply for this position, please send your cv to [email protected]